Poll: How many hours of sleep do you like?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many hours of sleep do you like?
6 - you're crazy
32 20%
8 - you're normal
58 37%
10 - you're me
45 28%
12 - you're dead
23 15%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 2
Excert from Wiki

"The National Sleep Foundation in the United States maintains that seven to nine hours of sleep for adult humans is optimal and that sufficient sleep benefits alertness, memory, problem solving, and overall health, as well as reducing the risk of accidents. A widely publicized 2003 study performed at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine demonstrated that cognitive performance declines with six or fewer hours of sleep."

So, if I want to stay sharp and ready for flamers in The Pit, how many hours of sleep will I need?

Personally, I need a hell of a lot of sleep to get by. Anything less than eight and I'm incredibly moody. Between nine and twelve is my ideal evening.

What about you's folks?
7-8 hours usually works fine for me.

There are threads on this topic already, I believe.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
7-8 hours usually works fine for me.

There are threads on this topic already, I believe.
Specifically in regard to UG?
I don't sleep enough, but I try to catch up in my government class...

Is anyone else like me?? Where you lay down in bed, then get bored and get back up and start doing something like guitar, or reading...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I sleep at 3 Am in the morning and wake up at 5 PM the next day.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

t-h-e p-i-t

i see no zzz's
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I can go for about 3-4 days with about 5 hours sleep before I die on the inside and need a day to recover. Usually about 10+ hours.
Quote by shattamakar
I sleep at 3 Am in the morning and wake up at 5 PM the next day.

But I see in the pit at around 3pm
I always get about 6 hours sleep (wake up at 6, usually go to bed at around 11/12) but I reckon with about 9 I could be perfectly rested.
Pity that never happens.
I usually get around 6 or 7 and it definetly affects my performance in school :/

stratkat
The numbers in the poll don't go low enough for me. I usually get to bed between 2 and 4am and get up around 6:30am. I don't recommend it. I always feel like ****.
I usualy manage about 5 hours
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bassbeat77
The numbers in the poll don't go low enough for me. I usually get to bed between 2 and 4am and get up around 6:30am. I don't recommend it. I always feel like ****.

so being a mod doesnt help no :P

im joking of course

oh godddddddd dont ban me
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by Duffman123
But I see in the pit at around 3pm

Did I mention that I have a bad case of sleep-posting?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by wheatmore
t-h-e p-i-t

i see no zzz's

Quote by bassbeat77
Steve, you need to sleep. I don't know how you crack it.
Quote by biga29
I don't sleep enough, but I try to catch up in my government class...

Is anyone else like me?? Where you lay down in bed, then get bored and get back up and start doing something like guitar, or reading...?

Yes, i go to bed at 10.15 and end up going on my psp/fapping/listening to music till like 11.45... :/
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Steve, you need to sleep. I don't know how you crack it.

I don't either. I need to find a job working midnights. I used to have one and I got along just fine then. At least then I'd have a reason to be awake.
Well just started uni, so, bed usualy at about 12 or 1 pm, get up at 9 ish. Shock to system next week, need to get up at 8. Gunna be hell lol
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by shattamakar
Did I mention that I have a bad case of sleep-posting?

I once to had a case of he sleep-posting disease

I go to sleep just before 2.00am and I have to get up for school a 8.00am, so I only get 6 hours
Quote by bassbeat77
I don't either. I need to find a job working midnights. I used to have one and I got along just fine then. At least then I'd have a reason to be awake.
My mate did the same thing. He never really slept much at night, so got a job at an all night petrol station. The pay is pretty damn good, as well.
If I'm not interrupted, usually 7 or 8 hours is enough sleep for me to feel rested. Sometimes I'm roused from my sleep, then I might sleep 10 hours accumulatively. It sucks working 2nd shift and sharing a room with my younger brother who gets up for school and turns the lights on at 7
The number I like and the number I actually get are rarely the same. Insomnia and my course-load keep cutting my time in half.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
I have the impression that plenty of people think insomnia is cool and don't actually have it despite having stated so...

sleeping late at night then spending the next day sleeping in does not constitute as insomnia .....
My Spanish Hearts
I can sleep for 12 - 14 hours if there's nothing to get done the next day.

I think there's something wrong with me
Quote by rx_eb
I have the impression that plenty of people think insomnia is cool and don't actually have it despite having stated so...

sleeping late at night then spending the next day sleeping in does not constitute as insomnia .....

It's pretty much the exact opposite, actually.
<Han> I love Hitler
I usually get about... 12.
Then again, I don't do much of anything at the moment.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Beserker
I can sleep for 12 - 14 hours if there's nothing to get done the next day.

I think there's something wrong with me
No, there's nothing wrong with you. It's the rest of these weirdos that have something wrong with them

Everyone thinks they have insomnia. The doctor is told a patient thinks he/she has insomnia as many times as they state a problem with their knee... it cracks.

And the answer is always the same... no you don't. "It's just life."

Innocent till proven guilty. Unless you're disgnosed with it, you don't have it.
I get around 7.5-8.5 hours of sleep every night now that school's started. It feels good.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I prefer 6 or 7, even though I like more sleep than that. After 6 or 7 hours of sleep I just get more and more tired. On school days where I stay up late until 1 AM and I wake up at 6, I feel more awake than if I went to sleep at 9 PM.

If I stay up any later than 2 AM on a school night I usually just pull an all-nighter because I'll just be more tired if I go to sleep. Coffee ftw.
Quote by HaKattack
I can go multiple days with no sleep

My dad tells me if you do speed it's really easy
the less you sleep the more time you have to live, sleep the least as possible.
Page 1 of 2