So realising there is plenty of opportunity for me too play with bands, that are a bit further away that require a bus journey, i think a 100 watt combo is required. Something that i can take to band practice etc, play D.Ied gigs with far away, get me.

So has any one had experience with some light 100 or so watt combo's, ive only ever had the fender rumble which was heavy and ****, but my halfstack is too big and bulky too shove on a bus.

Ive been thinking the ashdown 5 15 i know its only 65 watts but its damn loud, and not that heavy, but does lack heavily on tone. Any one have any other ideas.

Also a tilt back 60-70 watt combo is also another option ive been thinking of.

Thanks
Sam H

P.S i live in Ireland, Europe, so eh acoustic amps are out of the question, and saying something is how ever many dollars is useless.

EDIT

Can anyone tell me first hand the weight of some of those behringers bx18000, the 180 watt amps.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Sep 24, 2009,
Dont buy Behringers, they are horrible and the other members of the forum will agree with me. What bands are you playing with? Like how many members in the band and do they PA at the band practice? A smaller amp should be fine if they have PA but you might struggle with being heard at Band Practice. Also if you're playing in only band you could leave your amp there or something or ask other band members for a lift
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
How much money are you willing to spend?

If you can spend alot i'd go for the orange tiny terror and then get a 2x12 cab or something.
It'd be expensive but it'd be lightweight, loud, and you can get an amazing tone from bass and guitar from orange amps. Plus, it's orange.

If you can't spend alot, first thing that pops into my head is, you should see if you can find a SWR workingman 115's

Loud, reliable and they have a 5 (i think) band EQ so you don't have to mess around with knobs like the other SWR amps.
Kustom kba 100

Great bang for buck, loud as hell for a 100watt, its not an extremley light weight amp but i beleive its managable, especialy compared to the old rumble. I use one at my band practice when taking my stack is out of the question and it serves me well. Worth checking out
My vintage Polytone Mini Brute III weighs in at 28lbs. 100w x 115 (8ohm load w/o ext I think), and at 10" deep it's real easy to carry around.
The GK MB150 weighs in at 26lbs. 100w x 112 (150w w/ext @4ohms).
Depending on the depth of your pockets... something like a Mark Bass or Acoustic Image head paired with a light weight 112 might work too.
^ I don't think they're very deep, considering he's looking at Behringer...lol.
Nope, no sig here.
I use a little Roland CB 100 Bass Cube for practice and hauling around.

It is only 100 watts and has a 1x12 speaker and weighs 17 kgs and fits easily out of sight in the back of my hatchback.

I am older and our drummers are a little more restrained than in the old days so it works. Not sure if I would recommend if your idea of practice is at ear bleed levels.

As for tone, it works for practice, I wouldn't record with it, but is decent for what it is.

I would think that Roland would be available in Ireland.
Quote by reidy8
Kustom kba 100

Great bang for buck, loud as hell for a 100watt, its not an extremley light weight amp but i beleive its managable, especialy compared to the old rumble. I use one at my band practice when taking my stack is out of the question and it serves me well. Worth checking out

+1

Kustom will punch a hole through your bowels....

...in a good way.
I know behrengers generally arent good(not generally not always) but there cheap and would be decent volume, except ive never moved one.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, ill what happens.

Any more
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Seeing as your profile says you're running an Ashdown 600 head, I would probably go with getting a lightweight cab rather than a new combo, simply so you're still using the head you're familiar with, and to give you more options when you do use a bigger rig.

However, which cab depends on a combination of budget and personal brawn. The Ashdown MAG210 might be a good starting point.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Quote by fatgoogle
I know behrengers generally arent good(not generally not always) but there cheap and would be decent volume, except ive never moved one.

As per the specs, that combo weighs in at 55.35lbs.
When I was researching gear for my home recording set up, Behringer was often mentioned as a "low end/bang for the buck" mixer. Something to buy to get started, but plan on upgrading because it won't last.
Too bad Behringer doesn't have a lifetime warranty like Monster Cable... when it fails, bring it in for a new one. No questions asked.
What about a Laney RB-5? It's 120 watts, tilt's back, and comes in 15 pounds lighter than the Behringer. From my quick google search looks like there only about 200 euro's.
Fender BXR100. I used to not like it, but once I learned to dial in my tone...I'm a big fan!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!