you know when you tune with a floating trem you have to tune it a few times until it stays in tune by itself and adjust the springs right?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
how do i tune it once its tuned??

1. make the 9th fret on the low E string equal to an open A string.
2. After step 1, make the A string equal to the 7th fret on the top string(the one you just dropped 2 steps)
3.Now the top string is dropped 2 steps and the A string is dropped one step.
4.Make the D string equal to the 5th fret on the dropped A string.
5. Make the G string equal to the 5th fret on the now dropped D string.
6. Make the B string equal to the 4th fret on the now dropped G string.
7. Make the high E string equal to the 5th fret on the now dropped B string.
Quote by rockgodstu
how do i tune it once its tuned??

1. make the 9th fret on the low E string equal to an open A string.
2. After step 1, make the A string equal to the 7th fret on the top string(the one you just dropped 2 steps)
3.Now the top string is dropped 2 steps and the A string is dropped one step.
4.Make the D string equal to the 5th fret on the dropped A string.
5. Make the G string equal to the 5th fret on the now dropped D string.
6. Make the B string equal to the 4th fret on the now dropped G string.
7. Make the high E string equal to the 5th fret on the now dropped B string.

You are right. It's easier for me at least to think of it like this...from standard, tune to drop D. Now, with the dropped D, pretend it is an E in standard and tune all strings down to be in tune with it as if you were in standard again (one step down). Now just repeat your drop D process and you have drop C.

It actually doesn't sound any less confusing like this hahah butI hope you get what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by chuckmehh
You are right. It's easier for me at least to think of it like this...from standard, tune to drop D. Now, with the dropped D, pretend it is an E in standard and tune all strings down to be in tune with it as if you were in standard again (one step down). Now just repeat your drop D process and you have drop C.

It actually doesn't sound any less confusing like this hahah butI hope you get what I mean

i don't get you:S
do you know how to tune to drop D? hit your D string and detune your E until they ring together; you will hear it. once you do that, tell me, and i'll try to be more specific...and i said your explanation was correct so just do that haha
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
yeh i know what drop d is:P
what now? shud i leave my top nuts on and tune with the fine dials at the bridge?
no just leave them off for now...once you are in drop D, tune every string (A-e) to that lowest string now as if it were standard...just pretend you are in standard and A-e are too sharp...start downtuning them...If you do this right you are one step down and you could play songs in standard (but it will of course be one step down). Then you just repeat the drop D process, hit the 4th string (now a C,is a D in standard) and tune down your low D until it rings with the C. This is drop C. It's incredibly easy to do just difficult to explain...if you have a tuner just go 2 flats and tune then do the drop D procedure.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
For drop C I recommend heavy gauge strings like 11-50.
To tune a floating bridge properly, this method works great:
block the bridge at the correct (parallel) angle. Then cut off the old strings, it won't matter if you take all of them off because the bridge is blocked. Put the new strings and tune them to perfect pitch and lock the nut. Then take out the block, and adjust the springs' lengths according to the variation of the bridge's angle, until it's parallel again.
Chromatic Tuner FTW.

get to Drop D. then tune like you're going into standard while holding the 5th fret on the 6th string and retuning that A to a G and so on and then retune that 6th string for a drop tuning.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"