I've been writing some songs, and am planning on starting a band. I have almost no ability to play guitar, but I play piano and use my music theory knowledge to write songs. (And I can scream.)

I only have Midi files, since I wrote these songs in the program Tuxguitar, since I have no money for Guitar Pro. I'm not sure how much the tabs will change if they're imported into Guitar Pro, since whenever I import these Midi files into Tuxguitar, I wind up with a song in B-standard tuning on a seven-string guitar. (They're supposed to be in Drop C.) I do have limitations to my writing, in that I can't write a guitar solo, but I can do almost anything else.

So I would appreciate your comments, unless you're going to trash my songs, in which case, I would prefer you didn't speak. Thank you.
Attachments:
Songs.zip
I don't think many people on UG will just completely trash a song, we're a pretty friendly community :P

Decay: Ending that slow picking intro with a nice big chord and then going into the verse (?) works better vs just holding a single note imo. In the main verse when you have those chords on the 2nd time round of the riff, i think you have one to many of first chord (it's hard doing this without the tabs :P). Just those two little things, enjoyed everything else.

Dying heart: Very nice! I didn't like the the little runs at the end of the trem picking part at 3:34 though. Didn't flow into the trem picking again nicely for me.

Mirror: Liked the intro, I like those "add-on" intros. Didn't like the strumming at 2:27, maybe try gallops instead? The chorus rhythm felt a bit too punky compared to the rest of the riffs imo. I didn't like ending with the breakdown. Try swapping the breakdown with that last intro piece (where everyone has joined in already), i think that would be awesome.

Unnamed: Main riff was awesome and i really enjoyed you going into that heavy double bass riff. I rate swap the outro with the main verse riff. Play it once normally and then on the 2nd time instead of that little run at the end just have a final heavy chord that stops as soon as you play it. Just like a "dun" :P Hope you getting what I'm saying otherwise I feel like an idiot.

These definitely should go down well with your future band. God's speed and good job sir!
Last edited by 21Fretter at Sep 24, 2009,
Thanks. Although the main verse of Decay, it's supposed to have weird rhythm on the chords. It switches on the downbeat. Other than that, I pretty much agree on everything. I was worried about the breakdown on Mirror myself, too.