I've been trying to think outside the box when it comes to putting an album together. Instead of just having a random title, with 8-12 songs all about random things...or instead of creating a "concept" album, what are other ways?

I was thinking having the title or the first track ask a question and rest of the tracks reveal multiple possibilities to answer the question/situation. Sort of like a quiz, and the listener can choose which one is most appropriate.
You can write songs around one theme?

You might want to write an album focusing on how Mainstream media is ruining today's youth, your songs might surround that theme and the title would be something fitting.
DeVillains!
Standardized Tests by EnemyWolf

Track listing:
1. How many triangles are in this image
2. A: 3
3. B: 6
4. C: 32
5. D: None of the Above
6. Post-test Depression

Like that?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by EnemyWolf
I was thinking having the title or the first track ask a question and rest of the tracks reveal multiple possibilities to answer the question/situation. Sort of like a quiz, and the listener can choose which one is most appropriate.

I thought you didn't want to make a concept album?
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 24, 2009,
clearly you should just write each song about the pit.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Release the album by writing the score for each song on your penis, and waving it around in public, yelling "look at my album!".
Quote by Ylasto
You can write songs around one theme?

You might want to write an album focusing on how Mainstream media is ruining today's youth, your songs might surround that theme and the title would be something fitting.

Heard of Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet?
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I think he'd probably want to go for originality.

Of course, I just used The hate against Mainstream media as an example.
>_>
<_<
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Of course, I just used The hate against Mainstream media as an example.
>_>
<_<