Page 1 of 3
$30. £30. Windows 7. Seriously.

US: Go here and enter your college email addy. They'll send you a validation e-mail if you're eligible (I was), and from there you can purchase a code and download Windows 7.

UK: Go here, but it doesn't start until September 30 and is only available for a limited time.

Kinda crap that, taking exchange rates into account, you Brits pay more, but what can you do

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Sep 25, 2009,
Getting it for free from Dell.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by wesselbindt
Paying for windows?

It's more like paying for support.
hello
Quote by wesselbindt
Paying for windows?

For a mere £30 I'd pay for it rather than downloading some shoddy cracked internet version. Plus they'll probably have alot of "genuine windows" crap like in XP and vista, only working. Plus you'll get the support stuff.

I can't do the deal, but still...1
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
For a mere £30 I'd pay for it rather than downloading some shoddy cracked internet version. Plus they'll probably have alot of "genuine windows" crap like in XP and vista, only working. Plus you'll get the support stuff.

I can't do the deal, but still...1

i dont have 30 squiddies, so cant do the deal either
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I was going to do this, but I notice you need a genuine copy of Vista or XP which I don't have (on linux). Does anyone know if they'll actually check or anything? Is this an upgrade or will I actually get the disc?

Its a download so i assume you need a non cracked copy of vista or xp
Quote by SteveHouse
$30. £30. Windows 7. Seriously.

Go here and enter your college email addy. They'll send you a validation e-mail if you're eligible (I was), and from there you can purchase a code and download Windows 7.

Kinda crap that, taking exchange rates into account, you Brits pay less, but what can you do

No we don't, £30 is like, $48
hello
Quote by SteveHouse

Kinda crap that, taking exchange rates into account, you Brits pay less, but what can you do

Wait what? Brits pay more, $30 is about £19 so if we're paying £30 for it....
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
<_<

I don't know what you guys are talking about....

Quote by Kensai

This, by the way.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

On the other hand, students (in the UK at least) can also get Windows Server 2008 for free. Apparently it's quite easy to convert it into a normal desktop and it runs super-quick

I might try this if you need Vista / XP to get 7. Much as I hate to say it, I really need a windows OS
the pound is worth double the canadian dollar and and about 1 and 2/3 or more the american. Easier to just double it, so if it's 30 american dollars it's around 15-20 pounds.

BTW I don't even know how to make the pound symbol.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
This is good news for me. Thanks!
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
my school isn't listed there, so i had to contact them with my school's name and it said i'll get a response in 1-2 weeks...but hey for only $30, it's worth it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Thank god, the rare moments where Microsoft aren't trying to rip us off! This is actually very good
My uni lets me download it for free
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
good stuff. i will backup my files tomorrow and install it over the weekend. thank you.
Go Veg.
Cool, I'm eligible. I need to check the technology department at my school though, they may have a better deal or even offer the upgrade free. Though I may need to buy an external hard drive to back up all my files...
Quote by SteveHouse
Kinda crap that, exchange rates into account, you Brits pay more, but what can you do

Thanks for not rubbing it in

And I'll look into this, as soon as I find out what my uni e-mail address is
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Kinda sad that we've been conditioned to think this is the greatest deal ever.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I'm in high school so no deal for me. I would pay $30 and get a legal copy but I can't.

Quote by Kensai
some shoddy cracked internet version..
There is an untouched ISO of the RTM build. Untouched meaning it's exactly how MS released it. The activators make Windows think your computer is an OEM computer from HP/Dell/whatever and it lets you use an OEM key. An OEM has been leaked. It's not shoddy unless you are a noob at the internet and download one that has been messed with.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Sep 24, 2009,
****, I want it for free.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by opc100
It's more like paying for support.

It's more like paying for hookers.

I dunno, I have vista right now on my computer, I also have an XP disc but I cba to install it . Chances are I'll need that 30 dollars anyway, but still, cool deal bro. Rock out to those that take advantage of it.
Last edited by st.stephen at Sep 24, 2009,
Bastards don't support my school, I don't wanna wait 1-2 weeks

Then again, whatever this comes out to after exchange, <100$ for Windows 7 sounds pretty damn good to me. I never bothered to download any of the RCs because I didn't care that much to try, but since I'm guessing this is the final release version, I'm gonna go for it.
Quote by archangels666
Thirty bucks for an OS that's only slightly upgraded from the one I'm running?

Meh.
It's a good step up from Vista and a huge step up from XP.
and only US college students can get it. sorry brits.

1. .edu: Individual must possess a valid e-mail address at a U.S. educational institution which contains the domain suffix .edu; OR
Pre-Approved School List: Enrolled in a U.S. educational institution included on the pre-approved school list; OR
Submission of school enrollment: Submit verifiable school enrollment via the validation process; AND

2. Individual must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.
Go Veg.
Quote by im not mental
and only US college students can get it. sorry brits.

God dammit

I hate when there's **** like that that only applies to the US. I'm in Canada, why the **** can't they extend it to us FFS?
Quote by Masonpwiley
It's a good step up from Vista and a huge step up from XP.

actually, it's a huge step up from vista
much much faster and better looking, uses a lot less memory
also it's designed to run on less power without compromising on performance which is a plus for laptop users

I got my copy for free, but I'd easily pay $30 for it if I didn't
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by vitchb
Thank god, the rare moments where Microsoft aren't trying to rip us off! This is actually very good

If your paying ANYTHING for it, they're ripping you off.

Ubuntu FTW
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Getting it for free from Dell.

This.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Or I could utilise my dorm's fantastic file-sharing network hub....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I'm luckily getting free from Acer, I was happy to hear they were offering it to people who bought Vista equipped computers recently.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by seljer
I've got it for free

MSDNAA

+1 MSDN subscription kicks ass
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard