I've come to the decision that I need a new amp. My current amp is the one that came with my Bass, so its a bog standard 15 watt. It just isn't loud enough when i have cover tracks on full blast or have another instrument playing and it can't seem to handle it.

I'm looking for a decent quality amp around 30 watt that I can just practice on in my bedroom and occasionally jam with my mate who plays guitar.

I need help in doing this as I have no idea about amps or anything amp related. So any ideas/links would be great. Ideally the amp would give me a Mike Dirnt (Green Day bassist) Noise as Green Day is what me and my friends mostly cover. So a good Pop rocky sound.

Thanks in advance
30 watts is still not a whole lot. What's your budget?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
30 watts is still not a whole lot. What's your budget?

on a bass prolly not, on a guitar its pretty strong if its 30watts being pushed through a 12-inch speaker
GO to musicians friend and look for yourself.
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
musicians friend is American and i'm British, so i doubt they do UK delivery my friend.
30 watts would be absolutely fine because i only need it as a practice amp. No giging or stuff.

and my price range would probably be around 50-60 quid, so i dunno what that'd be in USD. But if anyone could suggest a good make of amp to me i'd be grateful.
At the current exchange rate, just below $100 I think.

For 30W, you'd need about £100.

However, if its the amp, not the wattage, you could be alright simply getting a better 15W practice amp. I have a Laney RB-1 knocking around, and that works fine for jamming with a guitarist, and will work with a band at a stretch.

Anyway, have a look at this to see what I mean:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=42
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"