ever been browsing ebay, or cashconverters or craigslist/gumtree and found a ridiculous bargain when you have no cash? i remember i was in cashconverters looking at subspeakers when i turn around to see a MIJ ibanez JEM in white with the tortoiseshell pickguard...

i go over, and ask the sales assistant about it (it became clear he knew NOTHING about it at all) and then tells me hes charging £200. i came home and found the exact make and model on ebay for just under £2k

similar stories anyone?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I'm going to say it was a fake too.
Anybody who has to pawn a $2K guitar will have at least some idea of what it's worth and won't walk out with $100 for it.

It's possible, I guess, that it was pawned by a third party who inherited or stole it- but it's far, far more likely that it's not a real one.
^ i agree with both
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I found a Gibson Les Paul Custom for $500 in cash converters. It was pretty beat up, all scratched and missing strings and the pick up covers were all gunky. Went back to get it and it was gone. I cried
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Les Paul Copy
AX Copy
Ibanez Gio

JCM 800 4211

Vox 847
Marshall Guv'nor 2

Need more amps!
Quote by Roc8995
I'm going to say it was a fake too.
Anybody who has to pawn a $2K guitar will have at least some idea of what it's worth and won't walk out with $100 for it.

It's possible, I guess, that it was pawned by a third party who inherited or stole it- but it's far, far more likely that it's not a real one.

Yeah, pawn shops don't stay in business by not knowing the true value of what they have. They know to check e-bay if they don't know enough about the value.
I missed out on a 599 MIJ Lake Placid Blue Fender Jaguar because my parents didn't trust Music Go Round.
Gibson SG,make in the 80',refinish orange by Gibson employees for $300
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Countless Peavey XXXes/Ultras/VTMs
Ampeg VH140cs
Mesa DC series

All o' those, because of shipping and lack of disposable income.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sounds like a JEM Jr. There's no way a real JEM would be that cheap, even in pawn shops.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Fake? Maybe, but if the guitar plays good and has no real major construction issues... (i.e. bad wood, warping neck, bad routing), why not buy it and make a project guitar out of it.

You know... like fit a dozen pickup switching options on it, or install 3 humbuckers, or even make it into a swiss cheese guitar?

To pay 200 quid for a guitar that's in relatively good condition, even if it was fake, wouldn't be so bad for a project.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.