This is something I just wrote on Guitar Pro this morning, and I was wondering how difficult the lead guitar would be (I play bass, which is why I have to ask), and which way would make it easiest for the guitarist to play. This is how I originally wrote it (All downstrokes, eighth notes at somewhere around 140-160 BPM):

e|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
B|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-|9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|----------------|
G|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-|
D|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
A|5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|

This is a different way to do the second measure; would this make it easier?

e|----------------|
B|----------------|
G|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
D|9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|
A|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|
E|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|

Also, here's an alternative way of doing the first measure; would this make it easier to play?

e|----------------|
B|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
G|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
D|0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
A|----------------|
E|----------------|

Which combination would make this easiest to play?
Quote by Tedis1111
a good player should be able to do it
I have no doubt in him; our singer does rhythm guitar, and can do Enter The Sandman, including the solo, and our leads better than he is.

I'm just wondering, which way would probably be easiest and most comftrable?
Quote by herby190
I have no doubt in him; our singer does rhythm guitar, and can do Enter The Sandman, including the solo, and our leads better than he is.

I'm just wondering, which way would probably be easiest and most comftrable?

i guess it would depend on the player, i would ask him he would likely have a different preferance to me
only the player can decide that. Personally I'd rather play the line as it is, but with your alternate fingering for the second measure, as there's less lateral movement that way. Leaving the first measure as is means you can basically just slide a bit of the shape up for the next measure. It's absolutely all personal preference though; just give your guitarist both and he'll decide which he prefers.
it all looks pretty simple. i'd say it should be fine just as it is.

personally, i like the first way you tabbed it out, as opposed to the alternative ways to play it. i think the first chord progression would be best.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i'd probably alternate strum them, but that rhythm is really easy as it is.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
just practice the fingering formation, until you have a good feel for it, switching the chords should be a snap then