Hey everyone!

I'm writing this guide because I know alot of people who got their first guitar, and it came equipped with a tremolo of some kind, and hated it.

Now, many people wonder why you would want to block your tremolo. Isn't it cool to do some crazy divebombs or dime squeals?

My guitar is a "mystery metal" Licensed Floyd, and it went out of tune any time I touched the tremolo.

I also wanted to do some alternate tunings, and I usually play with a backing track, so another reason to block your trem. Even Drop D was horrible.

You never use your trem, so why not just block it?

See that licensed on the bridge? It means, I'm crafted in a place where quality doesn't matter, and I'm going to do hell to you.

I have never blocked a Kahler, and also don't know that many guitar equipped with a kahler, so I, unfortunantly, cannot help you there.

Now, on to the guide!

First of all, set the guitar up the the correct angle you want it to rest. Mine was set up like...

..at a flat angle, which is usually most people's preference.

I left my springs in the whole time, but I rearranged them to a more spread out pattern to fit my block in more easily.

Flip the guitar over and measure the cavity marked as 2. Measure length, depth, and width. I don't remember my measurements, but, always cut a little bit larger than the cavity, because it's easier to take off a few mm than it is to add a few.

I then cut this piece of wood, which I cut a little bit too small, so I added a piece of tape to widen the width, it was a perfect fit.

At this point, I measured the cavity marked as 2, and because I still wanted to be able to take the block out, left the springs on. I used a small window shim to block the trem.

At this point, you CAN take all the springs off, but one. Most guitars need this spring to ground it, so unless you enjoy self torture, leave a spring on.

The piece labeled 3 is the spring claw. Don't touch it.

The final result is this! A fantastic hardtail imatation, with the great tuning-holding of a floyd!

Thanks for reading!

If you notice any mistakes, please tell me and I'll fix them, and if you have any questions, just post!

Thanks!
    Quote by BobDetroit
    Directions:
    Unplug keyboard.
    Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
    You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by ibrahimasood
    I assume you play a Scheter?

Yeah, the pickups are kind of a givaway :P
    Quote by BobDetroit
    Directions:
    Unplug keyboard.
    Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
    You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these: