So im jamming with these thrash dudes and they said they dont like megadeth (i know a lot of deth solos) only metallica and slayer etc, so i started trying metallica solos and ended up doing sandman master of puppets battery sanitarium fade to black etc in about 2 hours.

Are there any Metallica solos that are more challenging? Im not trying to play something that is hard for the sake of it i just like to push myself when im practising stuff.
If you can play Deth solos, specifically anything by Poland or Freidman I don't think you will find any Metallica Solo particularly challenging. But "and Justice for all" is their equivalent to "rust in peace" so anything off that album I would say
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by turtlewax
If you can play Deth solos, specifically anything by Poland or Freidman I don't think you will find any Metallica Solo particularly challenging. But "and Justice for all" is their equivalent to "rust in peace" so anything off that album I would say

na justice is even easier than battery
I would imagine Blackened to be pretty high up there due to it being a straight up weird solo to begin with.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Hammett sounds impressive and all, but his stuff just isn't that hard. As for an answer to your question; I really have no idea. Perhaps Hit The Lights?
Play the music, not the instrument.
Quote by Larsman9000
Hammett sounds impressive and all, but his stuff just isn't that hard. As for an answer to your question; I really have no idea. Perhaps Hit The Lights?

Havent heard that song. Dont like the production on that album
I don't think solos have to be hard to sound good. Actually most of the metal riffs that are popular are really easy to play, Iron Man, Smoke on the Water, Enter Sandman. They just have to be catchy

-Alm
SHORTEST STRAW! one of my favorites ummmm the thing that should not be is really cool too..but yeah kirk solos are usually pretty easy
Damn when i read your post i was impressed (i really suck at solos) how long have you been playing?
Sorry for offtopic.
don't think solos have to be hard to sound good. Actually most of the metal riffs that are popular are really easy to play, Iron Man, Smoke on the Water, Enter Sandman. They just have to be catchy

Although I couldn't agree more I don't think we were debating this. But its true...
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Honestly, if you can play a lot Megadeth solos, I'm sure you'll find Metallica solos pretty easier. Even if you can't play Friedman/Poland solo's but can do Mustaine solos, you'll find Kirk's solos piss easy.
hmm, although depends what your good at. Kirk uses a lot of vibrato, whammy and wah but Dave is just mostly speed picking
Quote by turtlewax
hmm, although depends what your good at. Kirk uses a lot of vibrato, whammy and wah but Dave is just mostly speed picking

I was talking about the friedman/poland etc solos
Most solos on "Kill 'em all" are hard I guess
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
everything on st.anger has pretty difficult solos

lol.

try the justice album
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
blackened, for sure.
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Quote by Josher.K
everything on st.anger has pretty difficult solos

lol.

try the justice album

LMAO

Quote by Larsman9000

Hardley, Shortest straw is harder then that.

Jump in the fire is challenging. so is phantom Lord
wanna be bad ass? play the solo from one, all by yourself. you may be thinking to yourself, but how, two guitars harmonize for the second half?

exactly. it's insanely hard but the rush from nailing it is incredible.
I'd say Creeping Death or Ride the Lightning has the most difficult solos. There is one section in the outro of Fade to Black which is a little tricky as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
well from the sounds of most metallica solos are easy if you can play megadeth solos well, so why not play slayer?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
well from the sounds of most metallica solos are easy if you can play megadeth solos well, so why not play slayer?

Anyone can hit random notes, that's why.

TS, I know the production of Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightening are weird. It took me a while to get past it, but once you do, it's understood that these albums are much more musically superior to any albums after it.
Creeping Death
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Check out their first album Kill 'Em All.
It's mostly written by Mustaine.
(Including the solos)
Quote by HeatMaster22
Check out their first album Kill 'Em All.
It's mostly written by Mustaine.
(Including the solos)

Mustaine wrote relatively little of Kill 'Em All.
(Including the solos)
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.