so im in need of a new amp. with my birthday, and christmas coming up soon, and my new found job i(even though i dont make much at all. like $40 a month max), im startin to save for an amp.

Right now i play a hss standard strat, through a vox ad15vt. I do play at my youth group alot, and the amp just sucks in my opinion. Just isn't that great. its better than a lot of practice amps and stuff i've tried, but it just never sounds that great to me.

I play so many genres, but my main is hard rock/metal/rock. I like an ok clean, not horrible, but cleans not my top priority. Some of the bands, tone wise that i like are: guns n' roses, bon jovi, papa roach, a7x, poison, stuff like that.

Just like modern rock. I dont want just crunch, i want a good bit of gain.

Now the price: no more than 500 USED! that will be hard for me to save for but i think its doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my guitar is very noisy. is it my guitar, pickups or amp? that makes all the obnoxious sound unless i have the volume off?
Quote by nathanlamb01098
so im in need of a new amp. with my birthday, and christmas coming up soon, and my new found job i(even though i dont make much at all. like $40 a month max), im startin to save for an amp.

Right now i play a hss standard strat, through a vox ad15vt. I do play at my youth group alot, and the amp just sucks in my opinion. Just isn't that great. its better than a lot of practice amps and stuff i've tried, but it just never sounds that great to me.

I play so many genres, but my main is hard rock/metal/rock. I like an ok clean, not horrible, but cleans not my top priority. Some of the bands, tone wise that i like are: guns n' roses, bon jovi, papa roach, a7x, poison, stuff like that.

Just like modern rock. I dont want just crunch, i want a good bit of gain.

Now the price: no more than 500 USED! that will be hard for me to save for but i think its doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my guitar is very noisy. is it my guitar, pickups or amp? that makes all the obnoxious sound unless i have the volume off?

Peavey Classic 30? Maybe you can score a Marshall JCM900 combo for about 500, although that sounds best loud. Engl Rebel 30 is quite versatile and in your price range.

As far as the noise, does it go away if you turn your guitar volume down? does it improve if you set the pick-up selector switch to out-of-phase? Then it is not your amp. It could be a cable too, swap out your cable and see if it improves.
NEW: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 ( i will probably getting one of these)
USED: 5150 maybe
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
You could get the B-52 AT-112 for under $500 brand new(assuming you live in America). It's a definitely a solid amp for the money. Plenty of gain, decent sound at all volumes, seemingly quality construnction, reasonable clean tones, etc.

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.

Bugera 6262, 333XL, 1990, 1960--I have only played the 6262. It's essentially a copy of the famous Peavey 6505 amps. I haven't tested the two back-to-back, but through clips, the differences are minimal. The quality isn't as high, though. They have been known to break down.

Marshall JCM900, DSL401.

Line 6 Spider Valve.
Peavey 5150 combo
Peavey Vypyr Tube
Egnater Rebel
Peavey XXX
Mesa Studio or Caliber(ex. DC-5 or studio 22)
Just keep searching eBay, and by the look of it you probably want a tube amp.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
If you can go for a head, a Peavey Ultra and VTM are also worth looking into in addition to the amps already mentioned.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??