How are they?? I am mostly speaking of the 2008 limited edition Wilshire and the '66 reissue. They look like an amazing deal and a great way to get out of that realm of overused guitars (strats, teles, LPs, SGs)

For $250 I don't expect it to be amazing but how are the cleans on them (unplugged too!) and how well do they distort? Is it like nice and smooth or inaudible at higher gains?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
The 1966 is the best Wilshire for a good price. Personally, I'd get a nice Mini-Humbucker for amazing cleans and alright leads, and a nice humbucker in the bridge. Though, you'd have to route some space out for a humbucker.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Would P-90s fit in the mini humbucker spots without routing? And how is the limited edition white one?

What would you compare the necks on these to? Are they fat slim etc
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
Would P-90s fit in the mini humbucker spots without routing? And how is the limited edition white one?

What would you compare the necks on these to? Are they fat slim etc

You'd have to route for a P90. I've tried the Limited edition white one, but prefer the 1966 in terms of feel, look, and the mini-buckers.

The necks are pretty similar to PRS Set neck guitars. Not crazy fat or anything; probably like a strat, or maybe a little thinner. The set neck is no problem if you're worried about it; you barely notice it. I like the neck shape a lot, however if you really need amazing action, you may consider investing in a new bridge and nut.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I'm not necessarily worried about action but I need a fatter neck than my ibanez. That's part of the reason I a am considering a new guitar. My ibanez neck cramps up and fatiuges my hand. All my past guitars have been fine.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
looks pretty cool, and with a humbucker swap it would sound nice i bet. reminds me of a fender jagstang for some reason. i'd get one and throw on p-90s too. looks like normal humbucker sized pots though. idk why you would need routing. there are p-90s made to fit into reg humbucker pots.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
And is the white one far behind the reissue in quality? It's much cheaper and has the flexibility of normal sized humbuckers
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
the '62s are so ****ing ugly.

the 66 is allright looking though, and minihumbuckers are pretty cool. I think it only comes in the natural stain colour though. White would be nicer.
Yeah i like the white one alot but I'm afraid if I wait too long to get it then they will discontinue it since its limited edition and been out for almost 3 years. You never know.

Anybody actually play that one? or the 66? Any clue if they stock them at GC yet? If you could post a video of a review of either guitar that would be swell. All the current videos on them suck balls.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser