Page 1 of 2
A good vocalist wouldn't be able to make this band any better.
Quote by devourthekitten
It's dickcore. Too hardcore for you.
Wrong thread/forum, but I'll comment on it anyway. Honestly, he was holding the band back. Musically, they're way above the other bands in the genre, and even though Craig was a nice guy and all, his voice was far too generic and, well, crappy. Hopefully they'll find a better, more unique vocalist (doubtful) and they'll vastly improve.
I dont know, I thought Craig was pretty unique. Sure, lots of vocalists sing like girls, but most people could pick Craig's voice out in a song.

I think Chiodos is gonna become From First to Last now.
hmm idk its gonna be interesting to see how theyre gonna sound after this. I mean craig owens is the reason for like half of their fan base
Exactly. I really like Chiodos and their orchestral sound, but I just couldn't stand Craig's voice. That's why I made this thread, hopefully, with a good singer, they could make a really great record !
Quote by saxaxe
Wrong thread/forum, but I'll comment on it anyway. Honestly, he was holding the band back. Musically, they're way above the other bands in the genre, and even though Craig was a nice guy and all, his voice was far too generic and, well, crappy. Hopefully they'll find a better, more unique vocalist (doubtful) and they'll vastly improve.

I disagree, sure at times it was a bit crappy, but he is incredible live, he has the loudest voice I have ever heard

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by saxaxe
Nah, they won't. Chiodos has SOME talent.

Yeah, but i have a feeling they're going to lose a bunch of fans just because Craig isnt with them anymore.
Quote by The Spoon
Yeah, but i have a feeling they're going to lose a bunch of fans just because Craig isnt with them anymore.

Yea, they're gonna lose a TON of fans, but hopefully they'll improve.
chiodos losing there current fans would make them better
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
It seems surreal doesnt it okeefe?

I'm not THAT affected by it, but Craig Owens IS the face of Chiodos. Thats what people think of when they think Chiodos.

Come to think of it, i think you're right rambel
Quote by The Spoon
It seems surreal doesnt it okeefe?

I'm not THAT affected by it, but Craig Owens IS the face of Chiodos. Thats what people think of when they think Chiodos.

Come to think of it, i think you're right rambel

Yeah, especially since I'll never be able to say "OH MY GAWD, IS THAT CRAIG OWENS FROM CHIODOS?!" again. I got so many people with that at warped this past year
I have never listened to chiodos (mainly because they suck) but I remember reading that he was a drug ****ed douche.

I like his solo album though.

EDIT: That's johhny craig not craig owens. my bad
Last edited by Hybrid_Xer0 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I have never listened to chiodos (mainly because they suck) but I remember reading that he was a drug ****ed douche.

I like his solo album though.

Solo album? Tell me more.
Quote by Valderama
Solo album? Tell me more.

It is all radio friendly songs, but there is some pretty decent songs here and there.
i wanted UG to post this as news but they keep denying my request. F*** that
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Craig Owens was fired? Goddamn. Never saw that coming. If I remember correctly, he was one of the founding members. Add that to the fact that many people associate Chiodos with him, as others have pointed out, I think a good portion of the fanbase is going to turn on the band.

Craig Owens had a very distinctive voice. Whoever says he sounds generic or flat needs to get their ears checked and then listen to "Intensity In Ten Cities". Incredible vocal performance in that song. And he is as far from being "a drug fucked douche" as Kazakhstan is from the North Pole.
Quote by Acronikos
i wanted UG to post this as news but they keep denying my request. F*** that

i wonder why
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by rambelpalsis
chiodos losing there current fans would make them better

This
Quote by +}-136-{+
Craig Owens was fired? Goddamn. Never saw that coming. If I remember correctly, he was one of the founding members. Add that to the fact that many people associate Chiodos with him, as others have pointed out, I think a good portion of the fanbase is going to turn on the band.

Craig Owens had a very distinctive voice. Whoever says he sounds generic or flat needs to get their ears checked and then listen to "Intensity In Ten Cities". Incredible vocal performance in that song. And he is as far from being "a drug fucked douche" as Kazakhstan is from the North Pole.

Im sorry, but on All's Well That Ends Well, his voice is flat on almost every song (apart from the awesome, vocal-less interludes), I wasn't insulting him or the band, just pointing it out dude.

Quote by handbanana
i wonder why

Why?
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Yeah, especially since I'll never be able to say "OH MY GAWD, IS THAT CRAIG OWENS FROM CHIODOS?!" again. I got so many people with that at warped this past year

Haha thats awesome.
Quote by Valderama
Im sorry, but on All's Well That Ends Well, his voice is flat on almost every song (apart from the awesome, vocal-less interludes), I wasn't insulting him or the band, just pointing it out dude.

Last time I listened to that album was ages ago, so I wouldn't remember, but Bone Palace Ballet is much more representative of his current vocal ability, considering it is their latest full-length.
Quote by The Spoon
I dont know, I thought Craig was pretty unique. Sure, lots of vocalists sing like girls, but most people could pick Craig's voice out in a song.

I think Chiodos is gonna become From First to Last now.

I kinda agree, i liked that he could sing high, and they probably are gonna become fftl now. Not really that much of a chiodos fan anyways so whatevs.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
*sigh* Kids, do your research. One site said it, but for some reason their official website said they dropped their DRUMMER not Craig. Also, Craig is still on the myspace.
http://www.chiodos.net/index2.php
I personally think Craig's voice is more distinctive than a lot of the other guys in high registers.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by saxaxe

Serious?
I've always thought as Craig as the best singer in that genre, and everyone else was trying to emulate him. Besides, no one has the range and style that he has. But I guess it comes down to opinion, but I can't see where he would be holding the band back.

Besides, I'm pretty sure this is a hoax.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
*sigh* Kids, do your research. One site said it, but for some reason their official website said they dropped their DRUMMER not Craig. Also, Craig is still on the myspace.
http://www.chiodos.net/index2.php
I personally think Craig's voice is more distinctive than a lot of the other guys in high registers.

Uh, the drummer left a long time ago. Craig is gone. For reals.
I have yet to see any confirmation from anywhere else.
Quote by Jackal58
No fricken' way. Anthony and Craig may have really high voices, but Anthony's voice jsut wouldn't seem right singing the Undertaker's Thirst for Revenge.
Quote by Jackal58
^ he was better in zolof the rock and roll destroyer
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Yeah, but his vocal style still isn't really like Craig's and his screams didn't have near the same range.
Quote by Jackal58
This is a hoax.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

Page 1 of 2