When it comes to amps, does mixing brands matter?

I want to know becuase I have an Ampeg 410HLF cab,

but im deciding between a used SVT 3 PRO and a new Markbass LittleMarkIII...
not really, just make sure your amp's power isn't rated higher than the speaker's output ability, unless the amp has a power cut ability.
just check that the speaker cabs wattage is bigger or the same as your amp's wattage. And check if the ohm load is the same.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by CalebJThompson
not really, just make sure your amp's power isn't rated higher than the speaker's output ability, unless the amp has a power cut ability.

Exactly, you can run an amp with a higher wattage into a lower wattage handling cab, just dont get too crazy with the volume. If you speakers start to distort, thats your cab telling you to turn down.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Quote by pedalguy1
Exactly, you can run an amp with a higher wattage into a lower wattage handling cab, just dont get too crazy with the volume. If you speakers start to distort, thats your cab telling you to turn down.

That. Also, that cab has a circuit in it that's designed to protect the horn from damage. When it heats up, it also lights up. So if your cab is mysteriously lighting up, turn down.
Nope, no sig here.
I dont mean technically.

I know how all that works and its fine.

I mean SOUND wise. Different brands have different sounds...
Quote by NCBass93
I dont mean technically.

I know how all that works and its fine.

I mean SOUND wise. Different brands have different sounds...
I don't see why not. If you like the sound of the Ampeg amp, get that. If you like the sound of the Markbass amp, get that.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Sound wise, you wont have a problem here, the Markbass is very transparent, and the Ampeg kinda goes with the cab.

As for which to go for, the Markbass would be my choice. Although Im not sure if you can get a SVT PRO, even used, for the same price.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"