how do i change the tuning of the song, which is 1/2 down, to standard tuning? i dont feel like tuning down all my strings on my guitar, is this possible?
Quote by damole
how do i change the tuning of the song, which is 1/2 down, to standard tuning? i dont feel like tuning down all my strings on my guitar, is this possible?

just play it on standard tuning, it will be one half step over the original song, but it will be right
Play what it says, but play it on your guitar a fret down.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Use Audacity to change the pitch a 1/2 step.

Edit: Didn't notice Guitar Pro. You can change the tuning and re-pitch the song in the menu.
Last edited by fly135 at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
on the left where the instrument are click on the track twice and switch to E standard, then press dont translate notes to different tuning

This.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
arent u supposed to translate it? or else the guitars tuning will change but the notes will stay the same. isnt TS trying to play a song 1/2 step down on standard tuning? not change the whole song half a pitch up?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
arent u supposed to translate it? or else the guitars tuning will change but the notes will stay the same. isnt TS trying to play a song 1/2 step down on standard tuning? not change the whole song half a pitch up?

Most of the time when you translate, it completely screws up the song.

I was under the impression that he just wanted it to sound the same on GP so it didn't sound weird as hell when he was practicing it in a different tuning
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com