I'm looking for some finger exercises to be able to play faster. I've been doing chromatic scale up and down the neck in various patterns, also the 0-2-1-3-2-4-3-2 exercise from Doug Marks in Metal Methods(+his other exercises), but I want more of them, as I'm starting to make myself a practice routine.

I'd also like some newbie sweeping exercises. I've never really done it before so it would have to be for someone who's never practiced them.

Thanks a lot!
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

What you practice doesn't make you faster, how you practice is what matters. Just make a point of learning to play everything accurately and cleanly, mastering it at a slow speed before trying to go faster and being prepared to slow back down if you start making mistakes.

Just make sure that you look for exercises that have some practical benefit but really it's all about being disciplined in everything you do...make that effort and you'll get faster as your technique improves.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I once made my own practice routine. It was insane. I think it took me like 2 hours to run through it once. But it really didn't do too much because I got bored with it after like 30 minutes. I think all you really need is a few exercises at a time. So say you want to sweep pick, then get some exercises that helps with that.

In my opinion you shouldn't load up on a bunch of different finger exercises. If anything do 4 or 5.
Quote by BlackenedDemise
I once made my own practice routine. It was insane. I think it took me like 2 hours to run through it once. But it really didn't do too much because I got bored with it after like 30 minutes. I think all you really need is a few exercises at a time. So say you want to sweep pick, then get some exercises that helps with that.

In my opinion you shouldn't load up on a bunch of different finger exercises. If anything do 4 or 5.

I had the same experience. For me, I'd rather focus on learning songs and learning to improvise. My technique has improved from learning new songs. I used to spend 80% of my practice time on exercises and it was very unfulfilling.
And doing a bunch of exercises made me hate playing guitar after a while. That's why I gave up doing all of them.
Well it's not like the exercises take the whole time either. I usually do about an hour of exercises, 30 minutes-1 hour of learning/playing songs, and usually about an hour of improvisation. And no it's not boring me oO.

Whatever I guess.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Well do whatever works for you I guess. You should check out John Petrucci's exercises. He has some pretty interesting ones.