So today I got my new guitar, an Ibanez RG321MH and I noticed the instruction manual has a Japanese section with some cartoon drawings while the others do not. They look funny. Where can I get them translated?

But seriously how do you adjust the string height on a bridge like this:

Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 24, 2009,
To adjust the string height use the Allen key on the two vertical posts on each saddle.
Quote by blue_strat
To adjust the string height use the Allen key on the two vertical posts on each saddle.

You mean insert the allen wrench there? I have to adjust each one individually? That kinda sucks. Besides the strings going out of tune, will I have to adjust anything else when I do that? The neck?
yes those adjust the string height, action may need adjusted a bit, the neck may but shouldn't but it is possible that you should check it just incase
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
You shouldn't - isn't that why you're changing the saddle height in the first place? To make it better?
Quote by Holysorrow
yes those adjust the string height, action may need adjusted a bit, the neck may but shouldn't but it is possible that you should check it just incase

Woah woah. Isn't adjusting the string height the same as adjusting the action?
Quote by TimboSlice
You shouldn't - isn't that why you're changing the saddle height in the first place? To make it better?

Wait what?
Quote by metaldud536
Wait what?

You're adjusting the saddle/string height, I'm assuming to thwart fret buzz or to bring your action down that way...you're not changing any tension or anything, so as long as the neck is straight, logically, you shouldn't have to adjust anything else.
Quote by TimboSlice
You're adjusting the saddle/string height, I'm assuming to thwart fret buzz or to bring your action down that way...you're not changing any tension or anything, so as long as the neck is straight, logically, you shouldn't have to adjust anything else.

Ah ok. I just wanted to make sure. Right now I'm not gonna do anything to the guitar. It's brand new.