Okay so my schools talent show is coming up and the metal work teacher does the sound , like volume leveling etc and he doesnt let us use amps for the talent show which is bull**** , so while my JCM2000 sits all lonely on the talent show night ill need to use a good multi FX that can cover stuff like acdc all the way to U2 and Van Halen

Any good cheap FX pedals that can do that?
Ill be playin a les paul btw

Thanks UG
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
so i'm confused.. he won't let you use an amplifier at all??... so your gunna be playing a les paul.. into a fx pedal.. into nothing???.. But a cheap effects pedal.. you need to specifiy your price range.. i'd say maybe a Boss Pedal.. me-70 maybe
Boss ME20!!!!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Why not getting a direct box and plugging your pedalboard in (if you have one)
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
You can't use an amp!?

Cram the cable up your teachers butt and tell him to yell really loud.
Metalguitarest: Yes he wont because they did a few years ago and they didnt like all the wires and volume level ****ups or watever

Darkflame: Yeah i was thinking of a pocket pod , do you know if they're any good?

XBENNYx: Thanks for the links but not intrested in them , thanks anyway

utmbarto: I tried out a Me-20 at a friends house and tbh hated it

GuitarUser: I dont have a pedal board but just 3 effects pedals (tuner , boost and wah)
Thanks anyway

Poster_Nutbag: Good idea but afraid that cant happen in reality

Any other ideas UG?
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
When I first played in my schools talent show I did exactly what you're wanting to do. I knew nothing about stage setups then and I had always been using my multi-effects so I didnt even see it as a problem, or how it could ever be one. Now that Im aware and more knowledgeable, I see the the odd circumstances. After that performance, they just let me use my amp, just didnt mic it. It went to a small school.

But anyway, I had used my digitech GNX4 for that particular performance. I would go for the boss listed above. From what I can hear it may not have as many options as the GNX4, from sound clips I've heard I think the boss sounds better. Either that, or if its just one show, have you thought about just getting a cheap distortion pedal? Perhaps borrow one off a friend? Although if you need multiple sounds for rhythm and lead, I can see why you'd want the multi unit. Just a thought!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100