I'm trying to play more technical songs like Between the buried and me and Protest the hero, veil of maya, and Periphery, and bands like that, but I find some parts with some sweeps and really fast runs and riffs too difficult, is there songs I could learn that would help me build up towards being able to play said bands?

Thanks to every one in advance!
and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure where to put this.

But Thanks again! :
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
hmmm... maybe some fall of troy? try fcpremix
Tom Morello -
Every day on the street I have people coming up me and going, “Dude, I kicked your ass at Guitar Hero!” I’m like, “Yes, it’s a video game. You should get out more.”

ahaha, yeah. That's why i put it in quotes.
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
yeah dream theater ftw
Tom Morello -
Every day on the street I have people coming up me and going, “Dude, I kicked your ass at Guitar Hero!” I’m like, “Yes, it’s a video game. You should get out more.”

Born of Osiris is good to start off with some odd time signatures, and if your looking for some good riffing, check out Berzerker or Ometh by After the Burial, learn some of the easier riffs. (You won't need an 8 string, just don't play the breakdowns)
Poop.

Yes, poop.
thanks every body
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
As with every technique on guitar, practice the hard part until you are capable of playing it cleanly at full speed. To do this, take it down to a manageable tempo, and use a metronome. It is imperative that this tempo be slow enough to allow you to play it perfectly, with perfect technique. Slow increase the metronome to higher tempi. Do not increase the tempo until you are able to play it perfectly at the previous one. Continue doing this until you achieve the desired speed.