So ive been trying to learn Spanish and German for a number of years but i feel i am still very much at the beginner stage. When i form sentences its very one-word-at-a-time and doesn't feel fluid at all and native speakers don't understand me easily...and i find Sp. Ive learned a hell of a lot of vocab and a lot of theory.

When you are speaking in a 2nd language, do you prepare common phrases or do you just form sentences word by word?
The best thing to do is just to immerse yourself in the language for a month or so. Like go to Germany or Spain for a months or two and speak no english in that time. you'll find yourself pretty much fluent by te h end of it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I had to learn Spanish since I live in Cally. Your brain can only process one language at a time, so just pick the one that's more important.

Oh, and I'm trilingual.
Quote by Dirge Humani
You don't turn fluent in a month.

I'm not talking native speaker level, but you'll be understood pretty well and mostly grammatically correct.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by joshua122593
I had to learn Spanish since I live in Cally. Your brain can only process one language at a time, so just pick the one that's more important.

Oh, and I'm trilingual.

Ive been focusing on Spanish mostly, ive somewhat given up on ****ing German.
You have to learn something about grammar. The sentence structure can be different, as you should know with German. And the guy who said immersing yourself in the language is right, that's what my German teacher said is best too.
Watch movies with spanish subtitles, or even better, movies with English subtitles and spanish audio. I did this when I was trying to learn Norwegian, picked up on stuff really quickly. Forgot it all now =(
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
anyone who speaks a 2nd language fluently let me know if you prepare phrases or what
Quote by lucertia.
anyone who speaks a 2nd language fluently let me know if you prepare phrases or what
Think about how you do it in English. You speak it fluently, so you don't really need to think about how to say what you are saying.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Think about how you do it in English. You speak it fluently, so you don't really need to think about how to say what you are saying.

yeah but ive had 27 years experience! plus i dont have the oppertunity to move to another country at the moment to immerse myself.
I'm learning French this year, I can say my ABC's, count to 100, and I can have simple conversations.
Quote by StringAssassin
I'm learning French this year, I can say my ABC's, count to 100, and I can have simple conversations.

Thats a good place to start