Well it's time to upgrade. I've had a Frontman 65 for 2 years and I really can't stand it anymore. It sounds like a computer, doesn't handle pedals well, It just sucks.
I'm playing through a Gib Les Paul studio and listen to an array of music.
Some bands I really like are, WolfMother, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo fighters and a bunch of other stuff. I also play in the school's jazz band.
I need something that can be heard over a drummer, guitarist and bassist, can be carried easily(it doesn't matter if it's a combo or head and cab, I might actually like the head cab better).
So I took a ride to GC to take a look at some amps. I had in mind what I needed but wasn't really sure what brands or models. I ended up really liking the Egnater rebel 20 head and cab. But I still want to take another trip just to try out more amps.
Is the 1 12inch speaker in the can enough to be heard over a band?
Any other suggestions? How does pairing up different cabs with different heads work, are there any rules to this?

Thanks in Advance,
Eric.
well, i'd probably go for a 212 because you can mix different speakers. a 212 will also push more air and seem to be a bit louder, and you'll get better bass response. a 112 would be plenty sufficient though.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by rtmilster
well, i'd probably go for a 212 because you can mix different speakers. a 212 will also push more air and seem to be a bit louder, and you'll get better bass response. a 112 would be plenty sufficient though.

well the difference in volume between a 212 and a 112 would be approx 3 decibels.

Maybe you can see if the Krank 112 cabs for the Rev Jr are available for sale. They always advertise their cabs to be made out of solid wood rather than the industry-norm of 13 ply plywood.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
hey Freaky you have the same exact rig as me! im also looking for new amp .ive never played through the suhr amps but all the feed back is positive.check em out.
I'd just build one myself. making a pine cabinet is a weekend project, and wiring up a 1X12 speaker is easy peazey lemon squeezey.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think I'm pretty decided on the egnater. If I really needed more volume coudnt I just hook up another small cab? And what exactly is headroom
I've heard it. A bunch on This forum.