I got paid today, and I want some fun accessories for my guitar, bass and drums, I'm looking at a slide, a capo, maybe a pedal, I'm not sure yet, but does anyone have any ideas I wouldn't have thought of?

Sorry if the title disappointed you.
First, Electric Guitar thread.

Second, get a Delay, Wah, Pitch Shifter and Phase, they make some crazy sounds when used together the right way.
Strap Locks? Simple? yes. Invaluable? yes.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by phlip999
First, Electric Guitar thread.

Second, get a Delay, Wah, Pitch Shifter and Phase, they make some crazy sounds when used together the right way.

There are several electric guitar threads, and I'm not just looking for my electric. But where would be a better place to put this thread?
Fleshlight

for guitar
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by Eddie4President
A dildo.

fail....... On topic though, might i suggest some banjo thumb picks for bass? that way you can play with your fingers and dig in with a pick when you want to without having to juggle regular guitar picks.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Quote by alkalineweeman
Strap Locks? Simple? yes. Invaluable? yes.

I dont do much in the way of twirling my guitar, so... they seem a little unnecessary, but I'll see how much they are.
What's your budget like? An E-Bow could be a lot of fun, but they're around $90 or so.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
What's your budget like? An E-Bow could be a lot of fun, but they're around $90 or so.

+1http://hurtzsogood.com
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by alaskan_ninja

My budget is around 260-300 dollars, I was thinking I might look for a cheap mixer. Anyone know how well that would work with audacity?

EDIT: just looked up e-bow, I might just have to buy one of those.
Last edited by 20cdndollars at Sep 24, 2009,
If you are looking at pedals, i try to keep fairly simple, although delay and octave are really fun to play about with, i would like a volume pedal too but not sure how much i would use it. Maybe get a multi effects pedal, see what stuff you like?

As far as other stuff goes, maybe a tuner, tuning pegs, straplocks, all that sort of stuff.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by 20cdndollars
I dont do much in the way of twirling my guitar, so... they seem a little unnecessary, but I'll see how much they are.

You don't need to twirl man, you feel safe... oh you feel safe.. next you know... your beloved is hurtling towards the floor at naught point 7 miles per hour... you know its gonna chip... its daring you to guess otherwise.
Then it's too late, you think "i wish i'd listened to alkalineweeman about them straplocks" but what is done is done... and i feel bad... i feel bad.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Eddie4President
A dildo.

thats what i was thinking right before i read 2nd post. great job pit im proud of you

Quote by NakedInTheRain
Violin bow.

I'm not even kidding. Draw it along your strings.

Hey, if Paul Gilbert can do it, so can you!

Or jimmy page?

Quote by 20cdndollars

It helps keep the strat on your guitar no matter what. moving or not your strap has a chance of slipping off your guitar. also if your not moving around onstage you better have a mic stand in front of you(LEAD singer) or else you are gonna have NO stage presence. and thats bad if you wanna hit big.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Sep 24, 2009,
@BobChicken guy - - -
Inb4 ban.
And to the people complaining, it's the first post, what do you expect ?

Quote by GODhimself37
thats what i was thinking right before i read 2nd post. great job pit im proud of you

See, there you go guys. Thanks
The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by 20cdndollars

You can be sure your guitar will NEVER fall off the strap. Its like 20$ and worth 200$.
E-bow!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
New techniques and more skill. Those are the best accessories you can get for a guitar/ist.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If you don't have a capo yet, get one.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by strat0blaster
New techniques and more skill. Those are the best accessories you can get for a guitar/ist.

Although I would greatly benefit from this, I'm just looking for some fun stuff to try out.
You're not far off from a decent amp, if you don't already have one; I would save the money. I've bought into little odds and ends, but a tube amp changed everything for me.
an E-bow would be pretty awesome. if you can forgo the capo and the slide, you could get a used pedal or something.