Greetings pit,
It's been a long time since I've posted an article, but I would like some help or at the very least advice. Over the past while I've been wanting to have a relation (get a girlfriend) but I seem to be unsuccessful in every attempt. After a great deal of pondering I have come to a conclusion, I can't let anyone in. I get to know a person but then after a certain point I start distancing myself as to not be hurt. Thing is, I want to remedy this pit, but I am at loss as to how.

So some advice would be quite nice as to how to remedy this problem so I can actually ahve a relationship. And if possible I would like serious posts only.

Thanks in advance,
Victor.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
I was expecting this to be a thread on the female anatomy. You've dissapointed me.
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
In before rape.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by bassburton
...And if possible I would like serious posts only.

and you can to the pit why?

but seriously, you just need to loosen up and go with the flow. don't overthink it.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by bassburton
Greetings pit,
It's been a long time since I've posted an article, but I would like some help or at the very least advice. Over the past while I've been wanting to have a relation (get a girlfriend) but I seem to be unsuccessful in every attempt. After a great deal of pondering I have come to a conclusion, I can't let anyone in. I get to know a person but then after a certain point I start distancing myself as to not be hurt. Thing is, I want to remedy this pit, but I am at loss as to how.

So some advice would be quite nice as to how to remedy this problem so I can actually ahve a relationship. And if possible I WOULD LIKE SERIOUS POSTS ONLY
Thanks in advance,
Victor.

You just gotta do it yourself. Just have no fear. I've been here before. Keep it in your mind that you are invincible, and that nothing can hurt you. If you truly have this mindset, problem solved. Easier said than done, however. You're on your own with that one buddy, sorry.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

You're gonna be hurt in any relationship unless you're with a hooker or ho, and if that's the case then you're not in a relationship, you don't need love dude, you need vagina. So just bang em and dip, done and done.
Dude, being hurt sounds way better than being in some emotionless sex act with someone. At least it would last longer than 1 hour.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
*blah, blah, blah...*

Thanks in advance,
Victor.

you do it and realise that you do it. so the next time you start to get to that point think to yourself what you would normally do and try to get the opposite done. they cant hurt you any more than you can hurt them...

i'm the same way, if i start talking to a girl that i'm interested in i can usually hit it off pretty quickly. i've been told many times i'm an easy person to get to know. but usally when i see them talking to another guy (not knowing their relationship) i would back off and distance myself as well. but since you know you already do it you can get past it in on time dude...

g'luck!!!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
To each their own! I'd rather not waste time with a girl who's just gonna screw with my head after six months into the relationship, soon as she starts drama I'd drop that bitch like I just gripped a hot pan.
its not a bad thing to be hurt. it helps you grow. a lot will come out of it.
At Xero... Contrary to what my sig says dude, Sex ain't it for me. Been there before, and in the end I didn't feel any better. I wanna experience the other side of affection for a while.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by bassburton
Dude, being hurt sounds way better than being in some emotionless sex act with someone. At least it would last longer than 1 hour.

When your sig says
Beer Sex Metal.
Sex wouldnt be a normal part of your life without a girlfriend, so either you do like emotionless sex acts or you are trying to be cool.
I guess some people just feel the need to "have" to be with someone, don't you have friends who are chics that you can pursue relations with? That'd be where a good relationship would grow if you ask me
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 25, 2009,
At levi.... disregard the sig, it's quite old and I've been lazy to change it. I used to think and act that way, but now I want something different. SOmething with a more positive feel.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Sep 25, 2009,
Stop trying. Eventually girls will come up and talk to you. They can smell desperation of any degree from a mile away, so the best remedy is to just stop trying to get close to someone unless they make it clear that's what they want.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
You might wanna read the post dude, that ain't the problem at all. I can hit it off with someone. I just distance myself after x point. Which thereby stops me from anything I could have with said person.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Ah, my bad I misunderstood. This is a bit more complex. I had the same problem for a long time. It seems to me, when you meet someone right they'll just let themselves in without you really even noticing. That's how it went for me, anyways.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Can you let me in... I have doritos
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Quote by bassburton
Greetings pit,

So some advice would be quite nice as to how to remedy this problem so I can actually ahve a relationship. And if possible I would like serious posts only.

Thanks in advance,
Victor.

that made me laugh
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.