i have the opportunity to buy an avatr 4x12 with eminence legends, or a mesa 4x12 with v30s.

right now i have a mesa 2x12 with v30s, so if i bought the avatar id probably keep it, and if i got the mesa id probably sell it.

i like a nice high end that isnt ear piercing or brittle, a good full midrange that isnt overly boxy or weird, and a low end that can be big and thick and full while staying fairly tight and not muddy. also, im going for more of a metal tone. all that remains seems to be a band i get compared to tonewise haha.

so which one seems like a better buy?

in my opinion, the biggest pro of the avatar is it has the legends, which are in vader cabs, which are known for a really big, full bass. and the biggest pro of the mesa is ill still have the same tone i already have, just with the ability to plug both my heads in, more projection, etc, and i can sell my 2x12 so i only have 1 cab
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
also, whats the quality comparison of mesa to avatar in terms of how they're built?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
All I can really speak to is the build quality of Avatar, and that is top notch. I was very pleased with them start to finish, and love the cab. I run a Bassman, so I have tons of low end, and the cab keeps it nice and tight. BTW I have V30s in it.

Other than that I can offer you a bump.
Good luck!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!