I mean it sounds fine, but you know they only did it because one of them probably said, "Hey, if Brokencyde can do it then we surely can do it."
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
I mean it sounds fine, but you know they only did it because one of them probably said, "Hey, if Brokencyde can do it then we surely can do it."

lol, I have a bunch of ****ty fl studio beats saved on my computer for the same reason. If they're not trying to sell it, I don't see what the big deal is.
They're not going in this direction. They're about to release an album with Suicide Season remixed by a bunch of DJs and stuff. They're not involved at all except that it will be under their name and their music.
Quote by BMTH
Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tek-One Dubstep Remix of 'Sleep With One Eye Open!
Yo!

We are very proud and excited to unveil sleep with one eye open, remixed by rising dub-step duo tek-one! this is just a small taste of the upcoming re-release of suicide season,which features the whole album remixed by different artists.

Bring me the horizon is a metal band, but we are also NOT a single minded band. from the beginning we have been in to a wide variety of music and so for us, "cut up" is a very exciting project. we know alot of our fans dont like electro, dub-step or any other kind of music, which is fine. this isn't our new style, this isn't how our songs are gonna sound now live. this is just a remix cd... for people who like our band (or dont) and are open and into different genres of music.
if you dont like it, fair enough, but dont hate what you dont understand!cuz the tek-one remix is the ****,.

thanks, love BMTH!

Didn't think Jona would go with this anyway.
I quite like it.

But BMTH didnt do it did they? It was someone else i think.

And theres a BMTH thread floating around aswell I assume.
Quote by Valderama
I quite like it.

But BMTH didnt do it did they? It was someone else i think.

And theres a BMTH thread floating around aswell I assume.

Quote by Magero
They're not going in this direction. They're about to release an album with Suicide Season remixed by a bunch of DJs and stuff. They're not involved at all except that it will be under their name and their music.

Ahem
Wow, this sounds awful.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Pretty ****ty, but better than the original.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
So much better than normal BMTH.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I thought the other song they put on Rock Sounds CD was pretty cool. This was not.

But, I like electro.

Quote by xRenegadEx
Didn't think Jona would go with this anyway.

Care to explain?
i really HATE BMTH but i gotta say. I loved the beginning of this remix, with the piano. I was all ears and all attention and thinking it was ****ing shaweet... then a lil over 1 min into it sucked...hardcore sucked...

atleast i now like 1 minute of their music....

OH WAIT... it's not done by them

looks like i still epic hate them
Guitars:
ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2 (The real deal )
Gibson 1979 L.E. Explorer
Gibson SG Standard - FOR SALE
ESP LTD DJ-600 - FOR SALE
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King Signature Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Quote by BMTH
Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tek-One Dubstep Remix of 'Sleep With One Eye Open!
Yo!

We are very proud and excited to unveil sleep with one eye open, remixed by rising dub-step duo tek-one! this is just a small taste of the upcoming re-release of suicide season,which features the whole album remixed by different artists.

Bring me the horizon is a metal band, but we are also NOT a single minded band. from the beginning we have been in to a wide variety of music and so for us, "cut up" is a very exciting project. we know alot of our fans dont like electro, dub-step or any other kind of music, which is fine. this isn't our new style, this isn't how our songs are gonna sound now live. this is just a remix cd... for people who like our band (or dont) and are open and into different genres of music.
if you dont like it, fair enough, but dont hate what you dont understand!cuz the tek-one remix is the ****,.

thanks, love BMTH!
i rofl'd
^ Don't be a tool.
They play metalcore...you can either look at it as Hardcore with elements of metal, or Metal with elements of Hardcore.
Quote by Valderama
^ Don't be a tool.
They play nu-metalcore...you can either look at it as Hardcore with elements of metal, or Metal with elements of Hardcore.
Corrected; neither metal nor hardcore, bands like this are.
Scenecore
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Quote by Lappo
Corrected; neither metal nor hardcore, bands like this are.

Bring me the horizon is a metalcore (or deathcore?) band, either way, both those subgenres take HEAVY influences from metal, no matter how much they suck.
Quote by Lappo
I try to make ridiculous subgenres to show people I only listen to real music.

Corrected.

Anyways, I like BMTH, and I really like dance music and usually I find remixes cool, but this is just pure noise. I don't like it.
Quote by Valderama
"nu-metalcore"
Well...that's a new one.
Shame it's not a real genre.
The term exists because newer metalcore is wholly distinct from original metalcore (besides new bands playing in the old style). Not somewhat different, but completely and entirely dissimilar.

Same case holds for deathcore (though the old 'deathcore' bands were very rarely called that).
^ Bottom line, nu-metalcore isn't a genre. If it is, then so is BMTHcore, and if so, Bring Me the Horizon is BMTHcore. meaning they aren't nu-metalcore. BECAUSE HEAVENS FORBID A MULTI-GENRE BAND.
Quote by RentACar
^ Bottom line, nu-metalcore isn't a genre. If it is, then so is BMTHcore, and if so, Bring Me the Horizon is BMTHcore. meaning they aren't nu-metalcore. BECAUSE HEAVENS FORBID A MULTI-GENRE BAND.
Translation:
"Bottom line: <bottom line> (no argument). <Useless babble>."

Good post, bro
Let's get back on topic as to why BMTH still epic fails.
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
They play "we spend more time on our hair than playing music"-core.

Those guys are seriously annoying now.
Quote by dandoosh101
__|__
--------(_)--------
--

One lol Bomber for you
Greatest lol yet
Quote by Lappo
Translation:
"Bottom line: <bottom line> (no argument). <Useless babble>."

Good post, bro

Translation:
I attempt to poke humor at peoples posts to cover up for the fact that I have nothing better to do, or have nothing better to contribute to this thread.
+1 at Oli Sykes joke
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
1st +1 makes me happy.
Quote by dandoosh101
__|__
--------(_)--------
--

One lol Bomber for you
Greatest lol yet
Quote by RentACar
Translation:
I attempt to poke humor at peoples posts to cover up for the fact that I have nothing better to do, or have nothing better to contribute to this thread.
I only argue with people who have at least a semblance of intelligence.

Peace, bro.

lol typoz
Last edited by Lappo at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Lappo
The term exists because newer metalcore is wholly distinct from original metalcore (besides new bands playing in the old style). Not somewhat different, but completely and entirely dissimilar.

Same case holds for deathcore (though the old 'deathcore' bands were very rarely called that).

There's a reason no one calls them "deathcore".
It's because they're not.
As for this "nu-metalcore" thing, it's only become a term used on UG because people are too lazy and arrogant to go "I listen to metalcore like Converge and Botch". 4 extra words eliminates the need for "old school metalcore" and "nu-metalcore".
The term is laughable. Old school death metal and the latest era sound nothing alike, but we don't need to attach "old school death metal" and "nu-death metal" when we talk.
^Wow. Sums up my whole opinion about the term in a pretty short, simple post.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
^ I think its metalcore.
BUt anyways, they didnt do the song hence the word REMIX in the title.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
There's a reason no one calls them "deathcore".
It's because they're not.
As for this "nu-metalcore" thing, it's only become a term used on UG because people are too lazy and arrogant to go "I listen to metalcore like Converge and Botch". 4 extra words eliminates the need for "old school metalcore" and "nu-metalcore".
The term is laughable. Old school death metal and the latest era sound nothing alike, but we don't need to attach "old school death metal" and "nu-death metal" when we talk.

No, some of us just label latest era death metal, like Necrophagist and Behemoth as metalcore

I really hate how boring this band is. But they still nonetheless show a lot of potential.

I love dance music, I find it cool Ben from Dep is working on it.

I would love to produce/help write a BMTH. It would be like a black metal influenced metalcore album, because I prefer Sykes shrieking annoyingly rather yelling annoyingly. I really think it could work.

Edit:

Quote by technicolour
No, some of us just label latest era death metal, like Necrophagist and Behemoth as metalcore

Man that article failed miserably.
Last edited by jibran at Sep 26, 2009,