So, basically, the band I currently consider my main band is going virtually nowhere. However I've recently struck up a friendship with someone who's both in my history class and who comes to the shop I work at for drum lessons about 15 minutes after I get off from work on Mondays. He and I actually like a lot of the same music, and I'd love a band that actually gets together more than once every two months, and virtually everyone else isn't out-of-practice when it does. The only issue though is finding a bassist or guitarist willing to tune to baritone, both of which I tried for the band I had before the one that's going nowhere. Then a friend lent me a Black Keys CD. I love a fat, chunky low end maintained by a bassist who likes to play complex stuff like Geddy Lee, John Entwistle, and Les Claypool, but at the same time there's something raw, something compelling about a bluesy rock duo to my ears.

So, essentially, do I keep things as a duo if I suggest forming this band when I see him on Monday, or should I look for a bassist?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 25, 2009,
Assuming your concept of "duo" means guitar and drums, I would look for a bassist to fill in the blanks. Don't get anyone from your old band though - they obviously aren't taking it seriously.

That said, it doesn't mean that you can't get tight with the drummer whilst looking for a bassist. If you two are on the same page it would be a good opportunity to work on songs.

And in the future, make sure your band meets up at least once a week. That's the only way to get tight within an acceptable time bracket.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, if you don't want a bassist, something to consider is tuning down and using a humbucker equipped guitar to help fill out the low end. If you're going to switch from guitar to bass for this, chords and crunch. And have a pitch shifter for octave/5th/whatever settings, and a delay; Again, to help fill out the sound.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~