hi every1
i want to know today pls that what is the law between.. i mean:

if i want my sTRings to be loose, then do i tighten the springs or loosen them? in standard tuning?
If you want your strings to be loose, then you need to get smaller gauge strings.
Quote by stratman7
If you want your strings to be loose, then you need to get smaller gauge strings.

yeah but im asking about the tremolo spring tension? i dont want to change my gauge..
Tilting the bridge forward (towards the nut, loosening the springs) will loosen the string tension slightly. But a Floyd Rose set up to be tilted forward may also affect tuning stability.
Quote by amphistheband
yeah but im asking about the tremolo spring tension? i dont want to change my gauge..

Then you have to tune down; it doesn't work the way I think you think it does.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by amphistheband

Do you know why their are springs in the back of guitars with certain type of bridges?
The law is that they need to balance. When they're the same your bridge will be level, if one goes down then the other needs to go down too, likewise if one goes up the other needs to go up.

So if you decrease string tension, eg by detuning or by putting on lighter strings you need to loosen the springs to decrease the tension until it balances.
If you decrease spring tension eg if you want the bridge to feel looser then you're also going to have to put lighter strings on or detune to compensate.

If you increase string tension, eg by putting heavier strings on or tuning up, then you need to tighten the springs to increase the tension until it balances.
If you increase spring tension eg if you want the bridge to feel stiffer then you're also going to have to put heavier strings on or tune up to compensate.

Bottom line, you can't just mess around with the bridge springs, you only really adjust them to account for a change in string tension...and there's no way to change string tension unless you detune or use lighter strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 25, 2009,
Im guessing TS wants to be in standard tune but have looser strings without changing string ga. Which doesnt work. You want easier to bend strings in standard tune you need lighter ga strings. Theres a specific string tension for each ga string at standard tune. You change that tension it changes the tuning.
Pretty much what Seagull said. The tension of the springs needs to be equal to the tension of the strings.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...