Hey, does anyone know where I can get a very cheap strat copy to modify? I don't care how bad it is or who its made by as long as it is wired as a HH or HSH. I want to go Matt Bellamy style and put Nailbomb humbucking pickups in, a Fernandes Sustain Kit and a Tremolo.
Thanks
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

get a squier strat, or go looking at guitar stores for their cheapest strat-style guitar.

i really want to do a matt bellamy-style strat too!
Well, the Xaviere guitars on GFS aren't bad at all. And SX stuff from Rondo is a little worse, but still okay for modding. Then theres offbrand ebay stuff and such... And... A starcaster..
aah yea thanks, I was thinking of a bullet strat but they are SSS. It doesn't matter how bad they are because I'm going to mod it beyond recognition a HHS would be good too, becuase the Fernandes is supposed to be mounted in the neck position.
- Joe Bonamassa

Find something cheap that plays pretty nice first, if you buy something that doesn't play well to start with, even if it sounds fairly good you're still not going to enjoy playing it as much as if it was a great player.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Local classifieds usually give a good result.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
ahh cheers

I'm finding it really difficult to find an HHS strat guitar tho
- Joe Bonamassa

HHS isn't very common, you'll probably find that HSH is much more common.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
HHS isn't very common, you'll probably find that HSH is much more common.

Yes but will i still be able to get a Fernandes Sustain Kit in there? becuase they have to be fitted in the neck poition. I would just buy a SSS and expand the pickup cavitys but i dont have the equipment or know how
- Joe Bonamassa

Almost any Strat below the American versions is routed either HSH, HHH, or swimming-pool style. Don't go by what pickups are mounted on the pickguard, most of the time that's not what the routing is.

Also, yes you could put the sustainer in an H-sized spot.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Almost any Strat below the American versions is routed either HSH, HHH, or swimming-pool style. Don't go by what pickups are mounted on the pickguard, most of the time that's not what the routing is.

Also, yes you could put the sustainer in an H-sized spot.

ahh thanks , I know its a long shot but do you know what routing a squier bullet strat has? thanks
- Joe Bonamassa

Bulllet Strats are routed HSS, but you can pick up some swimming pool routed bodies on ebay for cheap. Enlarging the cavities isn't all that hard, you just need to be patient and have a router.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.