Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a suggestion on a song that would be about me missing my wife.

I am in the United States and she has been in Holland for the last 2 years. We can only talk on the phone, and I wanted to pick a song from a man's point of view that is missing his lover/wife etc.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions. I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks, StratMan23

PS: The song that she listens to when she misses me is by a Dutch artist named Anouk (sings in English) called Lost. If you care to look it up, it's very emotional - I want to express this emotion to her. Here is a link to Anouk singing the song live-if you listen to it you will surely understand the emotion I'm looking for in a song I pick for my wife.

Anouk - Lost - Live!
Check out Come Back by Pearl Jam...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazxAHYOJfk, really emotional song.

Think it might be about losing someone who died, but guess lyrics are always up to interpertation.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
im sorry i dont know any songs, but i hope you two see each other soon. thats a long time to be apart and thats sad. go home to her and instead of a song, give her some love
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Wow, it sounds like you have a bit of a distant relationship but you really have the dedication to make it still work. I hope it all turns out well for you!

I suppose that "More Than Words" is always a sappy classic, not to mention "When You Say Nothing At All" and "Hero". I've personally been listening to a bit of A Day To Remember - You Had Me At Hello recently. It was kind of blah-ish at first, but then seriously started growing on me. Or, maybe I just listened to it enough times to be able to stand it. Oh well. The slow version of DJ Sammy - Heaven is pretty pleasant as well.

You could also try some beautiful instrumental tunes instead, such as film or classical music. I was actually listening to The Carnival Of The Animals again yesterday. Aah! The Swan is awesome!

I'm sure songs would be much more meaningful if you discovered them yourself or asked your wife to recommend you some, though, rather than consulting random forum folk for advice.
endless sacrifice- dream theater

it's written by John Petrucci who was missing his on wife while on tour