Don't know how many UGer's are poker fans. But I myself am one. So who here loves playing poker? Favorite site to play on? Bad beats?

has no signature.
I love playing poker online. A few of us UGers play on Triplejack from time to time. Kinda goes in spurts.

Nice avatar choice btw.
I've currently got a bit of cash on PokerStars. Though I prefer FullTilt poker. Even though PokerStars has better tournaments.

has no signature.
I love playing poker. Online I only play via the Zynga texas hold 'em app on facebook/myspace, but I'm interested in what else is free and decent.

I'm not old enough to enter tournaments yet, but once I'm 18 I will.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I love poker; was a hold em player exclusively until i started playing Horse a couple of days ago... everyone needs to learn how to play razz :P

I have too many bad beats to count, we play for about 8 hours every friday night.

Hope this thread goes far!
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I love poker; was a hold em player exclusively until i started playing Horse a couple of days ago... everyone needs to learn how to play razz :P

I have too many bad beats to count, we play for about 8 hours every friday night.

Hope this thread goes far!

I know how to play Razz. It's hard to get into a poker game which isn't well known though. So I just stick to NLHE like a lot of other poker players. Omaha can be not bad to play. Not really my speciality though.

has no signature.
I play Eve online Hold-Em sometimes. Because me likey the ISKies!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Yeah I play sometimes with friends.

We only put in a small amount each though, it's all a bit of fun.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
i enjoy a good game yes
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by 11223344554433
I know how to play Razz. It's hard to get into a poker game which isn't well known though. So I just stick to NLHE like a lot of other poker players. Omaha can be not bad to play. Not really my speciality though.

PLO is the devil.

I play regularly on Stars. Usually $0.05/$0.10 nlhe and $5.50 STTs.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by VANGELIS!
PLO is the devil.

I play regularly on Stars. Usually $0.05/$0.10 nlhe and $5.50 STTs.

I don't think I've ever played that. Though I have played FLHE and PLHE. Both were not too bad. NLHE is definitley where it's at though. I came 4th out of 45 people earlier. Go me.

has no signature.
Never really understood the appeal of pot limit... limit makes sense to me in stud and razz, but its no limit all the way (we play no limit stud and razz mostly)
my favourite hand is 6 7 (preferrably of diamonds)

i went all in against a guy who had A A (preflop), first card on the flop is an A and then I hit runner runner runner runner straight

it was awesome.

EDIT: Sorry for double post
I use Full Tilt and Poker Stars... Haven't played in a few months though, been so busy with uni. But I used to play regularly and make about as much money as I would in a regular job (just condensed in like 3 hours instead of a 9-5 job )
Poker ftw. Nothing like getting a few guys round for a few beers and poker. We always use blinds, shortens the game and makes it less safe for the insta-folders.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Poker ftw. Nothing like getting a few guys round for a few beers and poker. We always use blinds, shortens the game and makes it less safe for the insta-folders.

If you're playing No Limit Hold 'Em it would be extremely useless to play without blinds. I'm about to start another tournament now. Wish me luck all.

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
If you're playing No Limit Hold 'Em it would be extremely useless to play without blinds. I'm about to start another tournament now. Wish me luck all.

True that

Well, a guy I used to play with always folded without putting anything in the pot unless he had a really good hand (didn't even bluff). So we had to resort to blinds to get him and his vagina to actually play.

Good luck too, real money? I know you've played with real a few times.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Love a good bit of poker. Play all the time too, although ran out of luck a few nights ago -_-

Usually play on pokerstars, more of a SnG player than a cash player, if I do play cash it's usually minimal, perhaps 0.02/0.04.

Came 7th out of 180 and 4th out of 36 earlier this week, won about $20 overall, which isn't much but it's a start...
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Don't like online poker. Used to go to a poker thing every weekend. $5 got you 1000 chips, pretty fun stuff.
I used to play it work all the time back in the day. I once had 10 jack of spades, my friend hit the straight, but I hit the royal flush on the river. It was amazing, shame there was no money on it.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
True that

Well, a guy I used to play with always folded without putting anything in the pot unless he had a really good hand (didn't even bluff). So we had to resort to blinds to get him and his vagina to actually play.

Good luck too, real money? I know you've played with real a few times.

Yeah real money. It was only $3 to buy in. But because there's 45 people first place pays $42. Which I think is pretty decent. I just lost that tournament. Starting getting low on chips and started making big calls with crap. All in with king/10 suited and lost to queen/king suited. Oh well. I'm going to be playing an actual tournament later. Need to get warmed up.

EDIT:
Quote by slashnmash
I used to play it work all the time back in the day. I once had 10 jack of spades, my friend hit the straight, but I hit the royal flush on the river. It was amazing, shame there was no money on it. [*PICTURE*]

Is that two queen of spades there?

If not nice hand. I've never seen a royal flush in real life. Only once on the internet which I hit with pocket 10's.

has no signature.
Last edited by 11223344554433 at Sep 25, 2009,
^Obviously it's the Qc on the turn.

I've never had a royal IRL or online - but I've countless standard straight flushes. I'm a ***** when it comes to connectors and one-gappers in late position, so I'm always isolating with them. Although it really isn't +EV at anything below $25NL because of the sheer number of ATC donks who will call you down with J high after you pot every street.

1112223334654545464 - if you play for $ on Stars, we could swap user names and play a couple of orbits or an sng together if you want?
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by VANGELIS!
^Obviously it's the Qc on the turn.

I've never had a royal IRL or online - but I've countless standard straight flushes. I'm a ***** when it comes to connectors and one-gappers in late position, so I'm always isolating with them. Although it really isn't +EV at anything below $25NL because of the sheer number of ATC donks who will call you down with J high after you pot every street.

1112223334654545464 - if you play for $ on Stars, we could swap user names and play a couple of orbits or an sng together if you want?

Yeah dude. I'm just about to head off to play a real one. So post on here more and yeah.

has no signature.
ive lost too much money playing that game. I came to the conclusion that I'm just one of those people that can never catch a break.
Quote by jemjabella42
People look too much into body language. Sometimes I don't make eye contact with people because they are ugly.
flea's trumpet: You don't need to catch any breaks in Poker to win... it certainly helps though

Poker Night tonight at my place in about five hours, pretty pumped :P

...anyone want to come join?
Been a fan of Texas Hold 'em since I was about 14. I've searched for ages for tournys for minors but there's no such thing I believe. I'll be 18 in about 3 months and then i'm taking some people for their house deeds.

Since i'm only 17, I'm restrained to playing on Zanga on Facebook and just with friends. I've never really had a bad loss, but i've issued one. Me and my wrestling team were at NC state for a wrestling camp. Me, a couple of the other wrestlers and one of our coaches were playing poker like we did every night at camp. It was the last night so me and my coach played a few hands for cash this time. I had no cash on me, but I had 20 bucks coming from when I would turn in my room key, so i played with that. Now a bit of info on my coach; he's a serious player, losses and wins thousands when playing with friends and clubs, knows how to read, good player. After about 30 minutes of playing, I beat him down 4 or 5 hands in a row and won 20 bucks along with not having to pay him back $15 for a NC state wrestling shirt he got me. It was a gooood win.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Unfortunately, I've never had enough money to put on one of the poker sites. I've always preferred Full Tilt Poker, but I might get on PokerStars just to play with some fellow UGers
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....