recently just got a job and I'm going to be spending the majority of my money on gear. I had just recently bought an Peavey XXX with a vader 4x12 which sounds great. I'm mainly letting my rhythm guitars use it when he comes by however I need a lead guitar sound and a bass set up.. so here's what I was thinking..

For my leads I was going to buy a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. with an Orange 4x12 as well as a Maxon 808. And for bass I'm a bit confused as I'm not a bassist.. but I'm looking for something loud for shows and something with good tone, I also am looking at 5 string basses.

My bassist uses Fender but he can't stand it so I figure i'll buy a new bass rig and start learning it when he's not ****ing around on it over here. He uses this really nice ibanez gary willis [sp?] that feels great to play but it's a 4 and it's fretless.

We're a bit like Oh, Sleeper, Old Norma Jean, old btbam, abr, old human abstract, the chariot... I really appreciate your insights. My budget is 1.5 grand for a bass rig and for guitar amp 3 grand. for a bass I'd like to not spend too much maybe 500? I use Ebay a lot btw

Thanks for the help
Last edited by forever_abandon at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by forever_abandon
My bassist uses Fender but he can't stand it so I figure i'll buy a new bass rig and start learning it when he's not ****ing around on it over here. He uses this really nice ibanez gary willis [sp?] that feels great to play but it's a 4 and it's fretless.
For bass amps I know that Ampeg, Hartke & Warwick are very reliable. & Ibanez do alot of good basses though I'm not a bass player so I'll leave that to someone with more knowlegde of it than me.
For bass
gallien-krueger, hartke or ampeg...

for what you want the mic? for singing? miccing instruments?
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
I've never liked Rectos for leads and find teh xx imo better for leads. The Recto excels better for rhythm IMHO

Is that 3k for a head and cab andpedals? Whats your closest city?
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by forever_abandon
The mic would be for screams and singing.

Any specific bass amps though i should look at?

You can't go wrong with a SM 57 mic. Do you have a PA?
Quote by mexican_shred
I've never liked Rectos for leads and find teh xx imo better for leads. The Recto excels better for rhythm IMHO

Is that 3k for a head and cab andpedals? Whats your closest city?

Well it can be vice versa no big deal. the 3k is for a head and cab. I'm willing to spend maybe like 300 on pedals
if you are into oh sleeper ect id look for a more gain based head like a peavey 6150+ and for bass go ampeg svt 4 pro with an ampeg cab.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Peavey 6505+
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
-
Morley Little Alligator Volume
Line 6 FM 4
Line 6 DL 4
Boss DD-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer Turbo
Boss TU-2

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
If you're gonna go for a Recto, I'd go for the older 2 channel model (Solo head). A Road King is an option too. On your budget, you might find a Mark IIC+, which is, for alot people, the ideal br00t4lz m3t00lz sound. However, for 3 grand, you've got ALOT of options, such as a (used) Soldano SLO, ENGL SE, Bogner Uberschall, or a Diezel Herbert... as for a cab, I'd recommend a Mills Acoustics cab over the Orange, but it's up to you.

No idea as to a great bass amp, sorry. For a bass guitar, the new Ibanez Artcore bass looks good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've never heard of Mills Acoustics. I'll definately check it out. I really wanted a Soldano SLO but they are so expensive even used. /:

btw oh sleeper use mesa boogie triple rects william.
Cornford MK50 for leads, every demo I have heard it sounds amazing for leads.
For a bass amp what about the Ashdown Classic Klystron 500
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly