Hey i wanted to start learning some children of bodom song...
which most of those are drop c..
im using a schecter revenger fr.. [ has a floyd rose]
so problem is how do i tune it to drop c ? i heard tuning a floyd rose to drop c could do dmg or something...? is there something i gotta do so i can tune it ?
thx
I don't know if it does damage but I believe you should be able to go into a Drop C Tuning. There are springs in the back of the guitar that need to be adjusted though.

I myself ain't sure on this, so please don't go tune your guitar and blame me if anything bad happens. Wait for another reply.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
mmm ye but how do i know how to tune those springs?:S
more replys plz :p, thx tho
btw im not talking only on drop c... im talking on D aswell[1 step down] etc...
i just never tuned this specific guitar to another tune except Standard one... so id like how to..
Last edited by niruSh at Sep 25, 2009,
I think its a matter of whether your bridge will be too low if you go into a lower tuning, so you'll just need to alter the springs and make them tighter so that your bridge isnt too low. I'm not sure either tho so sorry haha :P
its a pain to retune a FR. Youtube a video on it, you need to put something under the bridge to keep it level, tune it to drop C, adjust the springs so it stays level when you take out the thing the bridge is sitting on, it's likely you wont get it to sit properly first time, will probably take best part of 20 minutes to do if you've not done it before.

EDIT: You'll need to loosen them for tuning down, tighten them for tuning up.
Gear:
Squier Strat (modded)
Vintage SG
ESP-LTD Alexi 200
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Les Paul Build
Flying V Build
EH Metal Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
You have to make it so the bridge is parallel to the body.

Heres what you do.

Unluck the first nut and tune the lowest string (in pitch) to a C, don't worry about the other strings yet. Now, when you do this, you will be decreasing the tension of the string, so your bridge will pull slightly into the body. Since you loosened the strings, you now need to loosen the springs. Lock the nut and adjsut the bridge until it is parallel with the body. Doing this will cause the first string to go slightly out of tune again, so you will need to re-tune (only the first string.) Continue to tune/adjust the bridge until the first (Lowest) string is in tune and the bridge stays parallel with the body. Now repeat this with each string, individually, until all the strings are in tune, and the bridge is parallel with the body, and stays parallel with the body when whammied.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
You have to make it so the bridge is parallel to the body.

Heres what you do.

Unluck the first nut and tune the lowest string (in pitch) to a C, don't worry about the other strings yet. Now, when you do this, you will be decreasing the tension of the string, so your bridge will pull slightly into the body. Since you loosened the strings, you now need to loosen the springs. Lock the nut and adjsut the bridge until it is parallel with the body. Doing this will cause the first string to go slightly out of tune again, so you will need to re-tune (only the first string.) Continue to tune/adjust the bridge until the first (Lowest) string is in tune and the bridge stays parallel with the body. Now repeat this with each string, individually, until all the strings are in tune, and the bridge is parallel with the body, and stays parallel with the body when whammied.

One of the experts just walked you through it.

Beat me again Plum writing
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
One of the experts just walked you through it.

Beat me again Plum writing

And while I was doing last night's homework on a second tab ...Ohhhhhhhhh
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
mmmm well thats kinda tough, mm i cant tune to drop D or Drop C for example just by tuning from the Bridge? it'll cause dmg ?
Last edited by niruSh at Oct 4, 2009,