Well, the past owner of my Destroyer decided that he wanted to glue the bridge to the posts, for some reason or another. It is quik-change, gibson style. I got the bass side free, but the treble side is still very, very glued. I would like to get the treble side's action down a little bit, as its too high.

I tried prying it off the posts, to no avail (any more pressure and I fear the wood would crack, making the problem much worse). Was thinking about using my 15-watt soldering iron to melt the glue, like taking off frets, but I fear it will melt the bridge to the post, and that would be very bad (though not worse than glued). I want to put new posts in anyways, as they are all corroded away by now for the most part. I had an idea of taking the free post all the way off, and then rotating the entire bridge around until it is out of the body, and replacing all of it. I don't think you can just remove the post without removing the bridge, right? That was my best idea, and guitar anatomy shot it down immediatly. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Yes, you can 'unscrew' the post from the body, as long as nothing is in its way of course (pickup, stoptail). There is a metal threaded 'plug' that the post screws into, and any bridge you buy should come with posts.

That's horrible that someone glued that Destroyer!

EDIT: if you still can't separate the post from the bridge, try melting the glue. There's no way it would ever get close hot enough (especially 15 watts) to melt the bridge.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Yes, you can 'unscrew' the post from the body, as long as nothing is in its way of course (pickup, stoptail). There is a metal threaded 'plug' that the post screws into, and any bridge you buy should come with posts.

That's horrible that someone glued that Destroyer!

Ok, sweet. Yeah, hes a cool guy, and fantastic guitarist, but I think he was doing too much acid in the 90s?

So unscrewing it will only raise the bridge up to a certain point, and after that it just comes out?

EDIT: Right on about the soldering iron, I'll have to try that if i cannot unscrew it.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Sep 25, 2009,
Got it off with the soldering iron, now to just get some new posts down the road. Thanks for the help.