Well this will be my first amp. cant afford more than 30w in any brand. i play metal, symphonic rock basically. Since i've just startd out...i'll dig into classic rock too. I wont be buyin an effects processor currently so i'llb relyin on my amp for the "dirty" channel and the effect. So please suggest keepin it in mind.

much appreciated!

guitar-Cort Evl Z4 ( Emg pups hz-h4 combo) <<<if dat helps
Quote by MossyMan
Try the Vypyr 30, its cool

I second this.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Peavey Vyper or Roland Cube..... Unless you can afford a 30w tube.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
why specifically 30w - a budget is probably more helpful than a wattage. (i could find you a 30w amp that'll cost £3000) In fact number of watts =/= how good it is. It also won't necessarily say ow loud it is either...

What the others have suggested, vyper and cube are good suggestions - i'd add to that vox vt30, slightly lower gain, but i prefer it to the cube. You could also look at some non-modelling amps at a similar price e.g. peavey bandit (is 50w but about the same cost.
Anything but an MG.
On a budget? Vypyr.
No?
Blackstar HT-5 (5 watts, I know. Great tone though)
Bugera V22 (keep the warranty, you'll probably need it)

Got USD 600 to spare?
Any one of the 100 watt Bugera's. Depends on what you play.
Keep the warranty ^. Great sounding amps, but unreliable.
Ignore wattage. Not important unless gigging. the difference between 20 watts and 30 watts is negligible. To be 2x as loud, you need 10x the watts. Look for something with tone that you like and which suits your musical style.
I would look into either a Peavey Vypyr or a used Line 6 Flextone if I were you.

The amps worth staying away from are:

Line 6 Spider (any model at any price)
Marshall MG series (any model at any price)
Anything by Behringer that doesn't say "Bugera" on it.
Raven amps (any model any price)
Anything that is cheaper than sensible/too good to be true.
well...my bad for not mentioning the budget...well anythin around 210$...i mentioned 30w well jst coz thats the loudest i wud require considerin i'll b playin in my room only (and to give the slight idea about the budget :p...)
bt what about the dirty channel and effects as i mentioned earlier?

appreciated!
used classic 30 with some pedals.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Vypyr.

im debating with my self if i should downgrade to one
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^I actually like them a lot more than anything else that is <$500. Even at the 500-750 mark I like them a lot-The tube ones are just as good if not better than a Spider Valve.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^I actually like them a lot more than anything else that is <$500. Even at the 500-750 mark I like them a lot-The tube ones are just as good if not better than a Spider Valve.

IF i could sell my Blackheart (and got an approval from my parents) im gonna buy a Tube Vypyr
feel free to add me
^I'd replace the speaker...It's not very good. The "specially voiced modelling speaker" is WAAAY too bright for my liking.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^I'd replace the speaker...It's not very good. The "specially voiced modelling speaker" is WAAAY too bright for my liking.

will do!

or i might go with a Flextone
or a vetta......... i i ever find one that cheap, damn you Matrix Claw!
feel free to add me