My voice isnt high enough for most music so I always play with a capo pretty high up the fretboard instead.

I'm playing a song with a Bm in it, and the capo is on 7, the only problem is, it sounds pretty dead because of the capo. Is there an open way of playin a bm?

But bearing in mind I cant really go far up the fretboard as im already on the 7th fret.
B minor is always a barre chord, as far as I know.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Capo's don't tend to sound to good that high up.

Try transposing the song.

If the song was originally in C, then you can transpose it to G using the following chord substitutions:

C becomes G
Dm becomes Am
Em becomes Bm
F becomes C
G becomes D
Am becomes Em

Hope this helps
Transposings an awesome idea! I didnt think of that lol

Thanks dude!
Your welcome

Check out my covers on my profile, let me know what you think, thanks :-)
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Try x2023x. It's a pretty convincing Bm.

It's a Bm7 ...

x20x32 ... a bit strange, but it's Bm... =D
Quote by dwally89
Capo's don't tend to sound to good that high up.

Try transposing the song.

If the song was originally in C, then you can transpose it to G using the following chord substitutions:

C becomes G
Dm becomes Am
Em becomes Bm
F becomes C
G becomes D
Am becomes Em

Hope this helps

A good example of a song that high up that sounds awesome though is Here Comes The Sun by George Harrison (During Beatles). Great song and sounds awesome.
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
There is other keys than just C and G you can play in , my voice doesn't hit either right and can barely do the Key of D. I tend to play in the key of A and E for my voicing and works quite nice on them high end songs.
Quote by lank81
A good example of a song that high up that sounds awesome though is Here Comes The Sun by George Harrison (During Beatles). Great song and sounds awesome.

And Hotel California too.
Quote by AustinTyler
There is other keys than just C and G you can play in , my voice doesn't hit either right and can barely do the Key of D. I tend to play in the key of A and E for my voicing and works quite nice on them high end songs.

Yeah, there are other keys, but if you like the key of A, then just do second fret capo, and play using the shapes of G, and if you like E, use fourth fret, and use C shapes.