Hey,

i have an american fender std strat bought like 4 months ago still new with all the extras, deluxe case, strap and the new upgraded bridge but i saw this RG on the store i wanna buy but i have to sell this one.

I like strats but i'm looking for heavier sounds you know and also, i can get a cheap squier that holds well the fender feel.

So what im asking is, how much should i ask for? paid 1000e for it

tks
I would say between 600 and 700e...
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
There's also an option of changing the bridge pickup for something hotter. I've got a Dimarzio SDS-1 single coil on my Strat bridge, can easily get heavier tones.

If the RG has stock pickups, you might have the pickup change nevertheless.
Quote by morkeg
god damn :S

Yeah, you loose a ton of value on an instrument even if it is in Like new condition. You may get more selling it directly to a consumer then selling it to a store used. But GC will prolly knock the price of the RG down a bit with a trade in.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Take off the pickguard, the body might be routed for HSS so you can stick a better pickup in the bridge.
Quote by Keskimaki
There's also an option of changing the bridge pickup for something hotter. I've got a Dimarzio SDS-1 single coil on my Strat bridge, can easily get heavier tones.

If the RG has stock pickups, you might have the pickup change nevertheless.

my strat has a dimarzio SD on the bridge and it isn't quite there yet...

thanks for the input though
What model RG are you selling the strat for?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I would keep the strat... But maybe you can find someone who will trade you. That would be your best option as far as dollar for dollar. You are gonna lose money on your strat, and someone is gonna make money from you when you buy your ibanez. Just keep your strat and save up for an ibanez. DONT DROP THE SOAP!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I would keep the strat... But maybe you can find someone who will trade you. That would be your best option as far as dollar for dollar. You are gonna lose money on your strat, and someone is gonna make money from you when you buy your ibanez. Just keep your strat and save up for an ibanez. DONT DROP THE SOAP!

+1

Unless your buying a prestige it could be a bad swop ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.