Page 1 of 2
Ever since i have started playing the guitar (1 year) i have always felt good at picking up rhytms.
I could do the trooper the first thing i did because i just had that galloping feel i dont know how but i just had it.
Same thing went for disposable heroes creeping death and the song technical difficulties.
I could just feel the rhytm i dunno how but i could play the right rhytm.
Is this something very normal or is it rare?

Sorry for really dumb question.
Said it before to someone else, I'll say it again.

Threads designed to just make yourself look good do not go down well.

There's no real question here. Just you making up a question at the end with the hope that someone will reply and say 'yes you're special'.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
wow. you must be a genious or something......... good job. those are pretty good songs for the first year.
Oh oh? you could feeeeel the rhythm?
Well well done Mr Special, you must have been SO WORRIED about that.
I mean, doing something that made you pick up stuff quicker than the average guitarer
POOR YOU
I don't know how you managed to wait a year before running off to forums to boast...sorry i mean COMPLAIN, about how HORRIBLE this CURSE must be.
Because it must be supernatural or something, what else can explain it?
I mean having a natural talent for something
Scary stuff
Glad I don't have it
You must be diseased with it
Stay away from me
I don't wanna catch your rhythm

Berk
Don't agitate the animals.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Well, some people are just better at things than others. Picking up rhythms isn't too hard, especially if you ever have been listening to music for a while.

Now, if you had never listened to the Funk genre before, and just whipped out a Funk rhythm 100%, then I'd be impressed.

P.S. Not cool to start threads deliberately asking people to tell you that you are good...

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you: Anyone that can play expert on Guitar Hero/Rockband has the ability to pick up rhythms, but it's the rhythms + notes on a real guitar that matter. So I hope you feel special, along with the 123098234098123 people that have bought GH or Rockband!
1950s Classic Player's Series Fender Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Last edited by Ben Baczenas at Sep 25, 2009,
Bold claims and impressive if true

Back it up with video though
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I think you have understood me very wrong and i recommend some of you to get a pair of glasses alternatively get some lenses.
I asked if it is like this for everybody because for me it feels very natural.
Btw i'm like one of the biggest haters of GH and everything that is close to it because i hate these ****ing 12 year old azns that got no ****ing life playing on a plastic guitar like 24/7 i seriously hope they get their throats cut of by a slow razor.
Hey don't hate on GH...it is what it is...a game...and a fun one at that.

I am like you....I pick up rythms very easy. Thats a plus for people who can. Just makes learning things a whole lot easier and less time consuming.

If you can really play the songs you listed within your fisrt year, that is great.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Pinch Harmonic
I think you have understood me very wrong and i recommend some of you to get a pair of glasses alternatively get some lenses.
Btw i'm like one of the biggest haters of GH and everything that is close to it because i hate these ****ing 12 year old azns that got no ****ing life playing on a plastic guitar like 24/7 i seriously hope they get their throats cut of by a slow razor.

Guitar hero is fine aslong as you only treat it as a game. Whats with the violence?

And again, so you made a thread to either a) be told you're normal or b) be told you're special and unique and talented. IE, you made a thread with no point other than to big yourself up. There was nothing you needed help with, no question about trouble, just a question which literaly boiled down to 'am I better than most people?', wether you realised that's what it came down to or not.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Pinch Harmonic

1) A+ at butchering the English language.

2) Let me re-answer your question: You can FEEL the rhythm? That doesn't make you special. 40,000 fans at concerts feel the rhythm as they dance and scream...

3) If you have no rhythm, you have no guitar playing ability. So yes, you are average.

4) Nice nerd-rage.
1950s Classic Player's Series Fender Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I wanna see you do that to Meshuggah.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Pinch Harmonic
Ever since i have started playing the guitar (1 year) i have always felt good at picking up rhytms.
I could do the trooper the first thing i did because i just had that galloping feel i dont know how but i just had it.
Same thing went for disposable heroes creeping death and the song technical difficulties.
I could just feel the rhytm i dunno how but i could play the right rhytm.
Is this something very normal or is it rare?

Sorry for really dumb question.

Cool story bro.

Also, nice name dropping of how long you've been playing and the songs you can play, especially the Paul Gilbert shred song that i refuse to believe you can play at all, nevermind you being "Amazingly good at picking up rhytms."

EDIT: Just to answer your question. Yes, rhythms are easy to pick up from a song, without it tabs would be useless. Rhythm is one of those things very deeply embedded into your brain, to the point where it's almost impossible to lose due to brain damage.( According to an interview with a neuroscientist I watched)
Last edited by ApeWeevil at Sep 26, 2009,

****in replys are making me laugh.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
No this is not normal! You are so obviously a prodigy, you're probably as good as James Hetfield, except your only 10 years old and he's like 50! I bet you can play all the bro0tal metalz, and I bet you impress everyone at school! I bet you get all the girls! Omg your so cool, I wish I was able to do the most simple gallop ever in the history of metal, and that Paul Gilbert run of only 16th notes! You must be GOD!!!11!11one1!1!!!1223@!£!eleven!

Yeah, its normal. Rhythm is a part of everything you do. You walk at a set tempo, you speak at a set tempo, you even think at a set tempo. It's only logical that you should be able to pick up easy rhythm patterns.
There's a story about Eric Clapton, that I really enjoyed hearing. I don't know if it's true or not, but regardless, hopefully you'll see my point. Apparently, some time ago, he was having a conversation with someone that I guess had been living under a rock, and didn't know who he was. The conversation turned to music, and he just said "I play guitar a bit". That's it, he just left it at that.

So, I guess my point is that the more confident a person is in what they do, the less they feel the need to make a big deal about it.

So, what does that say about you getting on an internet forum and broadcasting to the world that "your amazingly good at picking up rhytms"?
Quote by Pinch Harmonic

Nice one racist
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by Pinch Harmonic

Wow, your spelling is so atrocious that I didn't even notice your racism until the guy above me pointed it out.
Anyway, eat shit and die... You can't play and you fail at life.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Rhythm isn't that hard to pick up. If you are musically inclined in any way, you can get the rhythm to any song without too much trouble. In response to your comment about GH, what's with the hate? They can be fun. I still prefer a real guitar over a plastic one but I don't know why you get so worked up over it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Rhythm isn't that hard to pick up. If you are musically inclined in any way, you can get the rhythm to any song without too much trouble. In response to your comment about GH, what's with the hate? They can be fun. I still prefer a real guitar over a plastic one but I don't know why you get so worked up over it.

He's trying to win back our respect by hating on guitar hero. Apparently he thinks everyone hates it, thus he will be accepted if he displays his hate for it. He just looked like even more of a twat though.
now wtf do you really mean, sorry for really dumb question? hm? hm?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
well if you've listened to a song alot then you'll know the rhythm
I know the rhythm to Paranoid and I've been playing for 3 months, am I a guitar god?
No, rhythm is natural and ALL good musicians have it.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Elden G20
He's trying to win back our respect by hating on guitar hero. Apparently he thinks everyone hates it, thus he will be accepted if he displays his hate for it. He just looked like even more of a twat though.

Haha,tooshay.
Not really. If I hear a song, I'll pick up the rhythm pretty quickly instead of reading a score's rhythms.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by Pinch Harmonic

So much fail.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Pinch Harmonic, You have officially been gang raped

I'm sure someone can give you the number to a good counciling group. Just remember, it's not your fault
I would rather be a good liver than have one
I really admire you all posting ''cool'' comments, hoping that someone puts it in their signature like a quote.
Quote by Pinch Harmonic
I really admire you all posting ''cool'' comments, hoping that someone puts it in their signature like a quote.

Your ability to count to 4 is way more admirable than our paltry babbling.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Your ability to count to 4 is way more admirable than our paltry babbling.

Your ironic comments are so turning me on whats your number?
Page 1 of 2