Page 1 of 2
Meh..I'll just beat my wife more instead.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

What a terribly written article and poorly conducted study. Correlation =/= Causation.

Psychologists have long known that spanking is bad for children, but this study doesn't prove, in any way, that spanking lowers IQ, just that spanking is linked to lower IQ
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
That's crap.

I was spanked as a kid, I'm alright.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Ur all $h1t
What a terribly written article and poorly conducted study. Correlation =/= Causation.

Psychologists have long known that spanking is bad for children, but this study doesn't prove, in any way, that spanking lowers IQ, just that spanking is linked to lower IQ

Yeah i don't really believe this study to be truly accurate but i had to look it up when it got a mention on the local news.
epic7734
When I first clicked this, I thought OH **** I LOVE TO MASTURBATE WHAT DO I DO?!!!!!

I now breathe a sigh of relief.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
just that spanking is linked to lower IQ
Exactly. And I can tell you why.

The more stupid a kid is, the more he/she gets spanked.
Spanking isn't the cause, it's the symptom.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Exactly. And I can tell you why.

The more stupid a kid is, the more he/she gets spanked.
Spanking isn't the cause, it's the symptom.

Dammit, I was JUST about to post that it's just the thick kids that get spanked lol
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by epic7734
http://www.physorg.com/news173077612.html

Well if my children don't want to be stupid they better do as i Fucking say.

"Bobby, get me a damn beer boy."

Probably more dangerous to your childrens intelligence is descendance from a red neck who threatens them with violence and calls a child bobby
Guitar - The true Religion
Yeah... the ass being so close to the head... i can see why a whack makes you lose brain cells...

It's like everytime i bang my knee... I go a little bit blind

I mean it's not a freaking small proximity unless you've just fallen out of your mother
And if they decide to spank you then, frankly your parents are retarded and chances are you will be too anyway, leading them to prove their study
Last edited by Crayonic at Sep 25, 2009,
First, corporal punishment is extremely stressful and can become a chronic stressor for young children, who typically experience corporal punishment three or more times a week. For many it continues for years. The research found that the stress of corporal punishment shows up as an increase in post-traumatic stress symptoms such as being fearful that terrible things are about to happen and being easily startled. These symptoms are associated with lower IQ.

Post traumatic stress really is a huge thing. Just being under lots of continuous stress affects your IQ. I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and people around me would agree, though I wonder how I could be if not for the way my parents brought me up. In the past I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress (my parents and I had a horrible relationship, though through counseling it's gotten better) and I know I did horribly in school at that time. I never was able to concentrate or focus and I had no aspirations other than to live in the moment and be happy because I never felt much joy. I wasn't constantly sad, just very numb.

EDIT: About the test though, it seemed kinda vague. I could see how while the kids are being spanked at home they could have problems, but lets say you get spanked and then it completely stops and you're never spanked and four years later you take a test....I doubt it would be that big a deal.
Last edited by dudius at Sep 25, 2009,
is it me, or does that graph only have a slightly negative correlation anyway. okay theres about 10 or so that fit the pattern that they were looking for.

it means nothing, you could probably get a similar result if you compared the iq and the distance between theeir asscheeks
Quote by epic7734
Yeah i don't really believe this study to be truly accurate but i had to look it up when it got a mention on the local news.

The study is accurate in that it proves that children who mare spanked have lower IQs. It doesn't prove, as the article suggests, that the spanking is the cause of the lower IQ. There are likely other factors at play here, and it doesn't take a scientist to figure them out. For example IQ has a genetic component, and people with lower IQs may be more likely to smack their kids. The poor genetics would be the cause of the IQ however, not the spanking.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I have the benefit of have traveled the southern states.
I've heard parents say: "Come here, kid. Ima spank the stupid out of you."
So just imagine how stupid those kids would be if they weren't spanked at all!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I have the benefit of have traveled the southern states.
I've heard parents say: "Come here, kid. Ima spank the stupid out of you."
So just imagine how stupid those kids would be if they weren't spanked at all!

^
|
|
|
stoplight?
Correlation =/= causation.

I'd chalk it up to more intelligent families thinking that spanking is below them, whereas moronic parents are just like "What did he do? I'mma beat his ass!" without knowing any other way to deal with kids.

Though I'm not saying that people that spank their kids are stupid, I just think it's more common.

I wouldn't doubt that the results are skewed, either. I'm sure that a lot of parents wholeheartedly denied ever laying a finger on their children.
No wonder why Ned Flanders is so stupid.
DeVillains!
Quote by JohnnyV
What a mighty big bag of bullsh*t

I was spanked, and I'm better for it. Kept me in line. There's a difference bewteen "punishment" and "abuse" though.

Exactly. I could be quite the little bastard sometimes, and my mom or dad would spank me. But it was never more than about 3 whacks on the ass. And they'd never beat me.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Unless the children involved in the research were spanked by repeatedly smashing their face into a marble block, I doubt it would have any effect on their IQ at a later date.
🙈 🙉 🙊
My dad used to hit my brother's head, and he's pretty damn clever now. I think most of the people I know's parents hit them when they were younger, and they're all fine now.
It's probably more genetic than anything <.<
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Seems to me the stupid kids are more likely to get hit, not the kids who are hit get more stupid...
Quote by AusMetal33
Probably more dangerous to your childrens intelligence is descendance from a red neck who threatens them with violence and calls a child bobby

cruel and unprecedented - GTFO

as for the study - I agree that spanking is bad, but lower IQ ?
i got spanked as a kid, and im a hell of a lot smarter than a lot of my friends who WERENT spanked. spanking builds character, gives respect, and toughens you up. spank your kids and make sure they arent pussies
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i got spanked as a kid, and im a hell of a lot smarter than a lot of my friends who WERENT spanked. spanking builds character, gives respect, and toughens you up. spank your kids and make sure they arent pussies

Also theres a big difference between you getting in trouble and getting a spanking, and your parents coming home drunk and beating you with a belt for what you are gonna do.
epic7734
Looks like it's cave explorer instead of spanking for my son
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Possibly the first post of yours I agree with.
Quote by sglover34479
Possibly the first post of yours I agree with.

you should agree with more of them. they're usually correct.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I didn't get spanked as a kid, and I'm not a pussy. I also know how grammar works.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you should agree with more of them. they're usually correct.

Haven't read many of them tbh, just "funny" ones, I don't like your style of humour, but I'll keep an open mind, maybe i'll come to love you yet
PFT with the way kids act now days, they NEED to be spanked.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Whiskky
BS. The reason kids these days are little cunts is because of this philosophy that spanking is altogether bad and avoidable.

Well i believe children respond differently to different punishments. For some its worst to be grounded than spanked and the opposite for others.

I remember being given the option when i was young. I would take the spank'n and be back playing in an hour.

So IMO you can't expect one type of punishment to work on all children.
epic7734
Page 1 of 2