A lot of blues guitarists, and even many shredders, forget that shredding is not all about technique but there's a significant amount of feeling in it.

Good shredders that influenced me, a blues player, tend to have this characteristic.
Steve Vai, John Sykes, Doug Aldrich, Marty Friedman play with a lot of feeling.
It's important, and I'm not impressed by those such as Michael Angelo Batio or Buckethead because they are so robotic in their playing.

Music is about emotion and emotion makes good music.
That's my theory.

Do you believe in this?
If so, who are your favorite shredders that play with feeling.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
You can have emotion in shredding.

Bucket when he's not robotic.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by radomu
A lot of blues guitarists, and even many shredders, forget that shredding is not all about technique but there's a significant amount of feeling in it.

Good shredders that influenced me, a blues player, tend to have this characteristic.
Steve Vai, John Sykes, Doug Aldrich, Marty Friedman play with a lot of feeling.
It's important, and I'm not impressed by those such as Michael Angelo Batio or Buckethead because they are so robotic in their playing.

Music is about emotion and emotion makes good music.
That's my theory.

Do you believe in this?
If so, who are your favorite shredders that play with feeling.

Prove your theory?
Quote by JackalUK
Prove your theory?

You can't prove a theory.

You can only suppor it.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis

You can only support it.

well said

Because good music generally makes you feel something from it.
It's an outlet of emotion for the performer, while the listener feels from it.

This seems to be true from Beethoven to the Beatles.
If the only thing you get from it is "wow, that's awesome! he plays so well!", then it's not working.

Just theories
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by JohnnyV
Yngwie J. Malmsteen plays with more donuts...I mean...feeling than any other cheddar...I mean shredder than I know.

I agree, he plays so beautifully that I feel relaxation every time I hear him play a solo.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I'm gonna report this thread because we have this wanky argument every other week.

*reported* you have 2 mins to bitch and moan
It's ignorant to say that one player plays with emotion and the other doesnt. It doesnt work like that, it is not a concious thing. Every player in the world will end up playing with emotion, the same as every painter/ artist. Whether or not you can relate and pick up on a single players emotion is what most people seem to class as "playing with emotion". As i said, it is a very ignorant view to have i think.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ILuvPillows?
It's ignorant to say that one player plays with emotion and the other doesnt. It doesnt work like that, it is not a concious thing. Every player in the world will end up playing with emotion, the same as every painter/ artist. Whether or not you can relate and pick up on a single players emotion is what most people seem to class as "playing with emotion". As i said, it is a very ignorant view to have i think.

Fine, but that's just my ignorant take on some players.
I'm not expecting you to agree at all, that's why I asked the question.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by Momentosis

You can only suppor it.

that is not true.
You need to prove and demonstrate a stated theory.

There's another word for the "thing" that exists, is true and does not need to be proven.(but i cant find it now)
Hooray. Another of these threads. Well done thread starter and praise your originality.

I could not name one professional 'shred' guitarist who does not have amazing phrasing and 'feeling'.
This Michael Angelo Batio guy plays with such feeling. Who can not hate that?

>_>
<_<

Good music affects your emotion, IMO. happy Shredding is happy people.
DeVillains!
Who cares about feeling sometimes though, Like tech death bands is just usually no emotion and just technicality
But i think its great, not just emotion makes music.
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Quote by JackalUK
Prove your theory?

Why would you ask that? Obviously his idea of what music is about can't possibly be proven, any sort of argument about it would be monumentally irrelevant.

Unless you're just trying to make the point that it's only his opinion, but even that is too spectacularly banal and unnecessary to warrant being said.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 25, 2009,