Fulltone OCD or TS9 ? Looking for a more tight smooth sound with richer harmonics. More of the Paul Gilbert sound. (Yes I know, tone is in your..)
Ibanez 2570
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Digtech GNX3
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
The Tubescreamer will give you more of a boost in volume and slight boost in gain, that's basically it. It does tend to colour the tone a little, but no more or else than the Fulltone OCD. The Fulltone is more of an overdrive pedal so it will give you more gain, while the TS9 is more of a simple boost, imo.
The TS9 is tighter for the tone. The OCD makes it more grungy and bluesy.
plugging right into the amp, I feel I would like to clean off some muddiness and yet at more gain
Ibanez 2570
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Digtech GNX3
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Hmm well if u are running it in ur blackstar check out my clips of the blackstar with the ts-9. It helps alot with the OD channel on the blackstar. Im not a fan of the OCD with blackstar OD channel. However if you use the OCD on the clean channel on the blackstar cranking it you get a smoother tone than the on board OD, with about as much gain to tap(maybe a little less). I havent gotten around to ocd+blackstar but i might later do a recording
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Which recordings has a TS9? And do you agree with me that the BHT5 needs a good OD to get a smoother solo tone?
Ibanez 2570
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Digtech GNX3
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
The long 8 or 9 minute clip. I use in OD about mid way i think

Hmm depending on the cab and how you EQ it. If theres too much treble and mid it gets a little snarly. IF i roll back treble and ISF towards american it gets a little smooter. An OD helps though. The TS-9 works well enough for more gain and to smooth out sound.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Hurry Up!
Ibanez 2570
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Digtech GNX3
Dunlop Crybaby Classic