Poll: Which guitar should I play tomorrow?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I play tomorrow?
Takamine EAN40C
4 67%
Seagull S6+CW with Fishman Prefix Plus
2 33%
Voters: 6.
So I picked up a Seagull S6 cutaway while I was in Oregon for $250 on craigslist. Now I'm back home in New York.

I just played the S6 side by side with my Takamine EAN40C, and I don't understand how a $500ish guitar sounds almost as good (or as good) as one that cost twice that price.. Is there some kind of tonal quality and price formula that I'm missing here?

Btw, I'm playing at a teen praise night tomorrow. Which guitar should I play? Seagull or Tak? You guys weigh in on it
Take them both and change half way through your set.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
no mystery at all. seagull uses a high pressure laminate for their back and sides, great build quality and good woods. they know their stuff, and that's the reason that every serious guitarist i know recommends the s6 as a beater, second or starter guitar.

btw, i'm pretty sure the tak has laminate sides. i was going to buy a TAN16C, but the sound quality unplugged wasn't there for me compared to other guitars at the same price. plugged in, the cool tube preamp guitars sound really great, but i don't plug in that much.

considering the difference in width of the necks, is there one you're more comfortable playing? if not, why not take 'em both and use the one that seems right at the time. you can switch back and forth.

Quote by pugnapugnapugna
So I picked up a Seagull S6 cutaway while I was in Oregon for $250 on craigslist. Now I'm back home in New York.

I just played the S6 side by side with my Takamine EAN40C, and I don't understand how a $500ish guitar sounds almost as good (or as good) as one that cost twice that price.. Is there some kind of tonal quality and price formula that I'm missing here?

Btw, I'm playing at a teen praise night tomorrow. Which guitar should I play? Seagull or Tak? You guys weigh in on it
If you're plugging in, I'd go Tak. The electronics are way better than in the Seagull (IMO). However, straight acoustic, I'd go Seagull

FWIW, I think the reason is because that particular line of Takamines are the only one I would consider overpriced. At the same time, Taks sound incredible plugged in.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray