First of all, I'm a beginner in electric guitars' magic so I cannot call myself experienced. That's why I'm asking for experts' opinion, here on UG
Secondly, I have to mention this will be my very first guitar...
Thirdly, my budget ain't bigger than 250$ for my first guitar Unfortunately...
So, I've read reviews on both and noticed that most people believe they are good for beginners...but yeah, of course, both of 'em have good parts and bad parts, as I can imagine...I mean, I don't expect too much at 250$, but as I cannot afford more at the moment, I would like your opinion...which one I should buy ? The Predator PLUS or the Ibanez GRG250DX ?
Thank you in advance!
If you dont mind delivery i would suggest going to rondomusic.com and looking at the agile/douglas/sx guitars in your price range
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Not that I mind delivery, but I'm not from US, I'm from Romania, and most of guitar online shops don't do international shipping
And in my city I have found this really cool store, with really awesome music things, instruments, amps', accesories and all and in my price range, these two guitars were recommended, and because I'm not experienced, I'd like some opinions, regarding these two pieces. But thank you!
I have a Peavey predator exp plus made in indonesia.It's a great guitar for the money for sure.Quality is very good for the price better than some more expensive guitars I have looked at.I believe it's a hard guitar to beat in the 300 price range.The only downfall to this guitar is that the bridge pickup is not very hot.It sounds ok but if you were to put a hot pickup in the bridge you would have a real solid thrasher.I say get the Predator you will be very happy that you did.
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
Thank you for taking your time and telling me your opinion.
Yes, I've read some reviews of it on GuitarCenter and they're all 4-5 stars
That it never goes out of tune and that it's pretty good for like any kind of music.
Thanks again, I'll think about it.
That good looking Ibanez is tempting too, damn it, haha.
But I dunno about its quality.
Anyway...Predator sounds great from what you told me
I would go play both and look them both over if you can.Look at the neck pocket to make sure necks are seated properly and not raised in anyway.Look down neck for warpage if it's warped real bad pass on it,if it's not bad but warped have him adjust the truss rod.If it's pretty straight which it should be it's good to go.Play and listen for fret buzzing ect.also make sure the floyd is level.If it's not level you will have tuning issues when using the wammy bar.Mine was perfect just needed to lower the action a tad other than that it was ready to rock.Just give them a good looking over and go from there.If you don't have a amp a peavey vyper 15 would be a great first amp.Let me know if you need more info.
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
Last edited by MaidenFrieak71 at Sep 25, 2009,
Beginner Peavey guitars are the ****! I still play mine everyday
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Thank you very much, very appreciated
I already ordered a Peavey Predator, it arrives on monday, can't wait !
And yes, I'll try to find that amp' too.
Again, thank you very much
Last edited by oNy23z at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by MaidenFrieak71
I would go play both and look them both over if you can.Look at the neck pocket to make sure necks are seated properly and not raised in anyway.Look down neck for warpage if it's warped real bad pass on it,if it's not bad but warped have him adjust the truss rod.If it's pretty straight which it should be it's good to go.Play and listen for fret buzzing ect.also make sure the floyd is level.If it's not level you will have tuning issues when using the wammy bar.Mine was perfect just needed to lower the action a tad other than that it was ready to rock.Just give them a good looking over and go from there.If you don't have a amp a peavey vyper 15 would be a great first amp.Let me know if you need more info.

Okay...so I got my Predator yesterday
But I haven't bought an amp' yet, 'cause I don't have the financial possibilities for it right now...I will buy one, but in like 2 weeks or so.
Until than, I bought one of those adapters, so I can connect my guitar to my PC.
I know there are people whom, instead of amps, just connect their guitar to the computer and use a software for some effects...so the guitar's sound is actually coming out through the speakers.
Can you please help me out here a little bit ? I connected my guitar to my soundcard, but there is no sound yet. I imagine that there are some settings or something I blanked over, but I've never done this before and I need some assistance, if you'd like, of course.
Oh...and maybe recommend me a good software for those effects ?
Thank you in advance, waiting for your reply.
Quote by oNy23z
First of all, I'm a beginner in electric guitars' magic so I cannot call myself experienced. That's why I'm asking for experts' opinion, here on UG
Secondly, I have to mention this will be my very first guitar...
Thirdly, my budget ain't bigger than 250$ for my first guitar Unfortunately...
So, I've read reviews on both and noticed that most people believe they are good for beginners...but yeah, of course, both of 'em have good parts and bad parts, as I can imagine...I mean, I don't expect too much at 250$, but as I cannot afford more at the moment, I would like your opinion...which one I should buy ? The Predator PLUS or the Ibanez GRG250DX ?
Thank you in advance!

ive got the grg250dx and im having trouble tuning it its a great guitar but as soon as i bought it i checked the tuning and things and my strings were out of tune. alright, so i tuned it and thn the next day its out of tune :/ the low E string was in perfect tuning thn the next day it was in drop D!!!!!!!!