I think that American Indians are one of the coolest people on the planet

With that in mind, are we sure that the Eskimo isn't the true Native American?

P.S. my very liberal friend just told me that we aren't using the term 'Native American' commonly any more. It's back to just 'indian'. Anyone know anything about that?
What's the point in this thread exactly?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
American indians are a myth. Just like unicorns, escimos and dinosaures.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
We use both terms. They did have very interesting cultures before Christianity messed it up.
I refuse to use the term Indian. It's actually stupid - white people landed here and thought they hit India and said "HEY LOOK! Indians!" and the name stuck. Natives or Aboriginals are the terms I generally use.
I think american indians are one of the coolest people on the planet and doesn't afraid of anything
They're just people, and I suspect they have the same mixture of cool people and f*cking tools as any other ethnic group.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
American indians are a myth. Just like unicorns, escimos and dinosaures.

Hey man! I'm 1/4 dinosaur!
Quote by Miniskirt
Eskimos and dinosaurs exist, never heard of these escimos and dinosaures however.

Exarcly. I didn't mention those horrible twisted creatures you mentioned now.
I think that both the terms 'Indians' and 'Native American' are wrong. Because although they are of Mongoloid stock, they are not Indians, and they were not native to America.

I don't know what I'd call them, "red people" maybe?
Thanks! All 1/16 of me is happy.

Now you might not be impressed by 1/16, but it's important to my family history. You see, one of my ancestors came to America. He married a Cherokee woman and lived with the tribe. Then the Trail of Tears happened, and he was given the choice of going back to New England or walking the Trail with his family. He chose to walk the Trail of Tears. And that's how my mom's side of the family got to the Midwest. Neat, right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by axuality
With that in mind, are we sure that the Eskimo isn't the true Native American?

P.S. my very liberal friend just told me that we aren't using the term 'Native American' commonly any more. It's back to just 'indian'. Anyone know anything about that?
I find both terms offensive. I use native/aboriginal/First Nations, unless I know the name of the specific group, ie Mi'kmaq, Cree, Maliseet, etc.

Also, it's better to use Inuit instead of eskimo.

On another note, I really should find out how much Mi'kmaq I have in my blood.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Miniskirt
However, unicorns?

Ehm, that's a cat.
Quote by TimboSlice
I refuse to use the term Indian. It's actually stupid - white people landed here and thought they hit India and said "HEY LOOK! Indians!" and the name stuck. Natives or Aboriginals are the terms I generally use.

I don't think that's how the term Indian came to be.

Christopher Columbus wrote in his journal that he met a people "in dios" which translates to "in god" in Spanish. So it's a respectable term...although I don't use it, I just say natives. NOT native americans though, cause why would they want to be labeled by the people that took their land?
Quote by guitarkid2113

Christopher Columbus wrote in his journal that he met a people "in dios" which translates to "in god" in Spanish. So it's a respectable term...although I don't use it, I just say natives. NOT native americans though, cause why would they want to be labeled by the people that took their land?

They're labeled by the continent they live on.
Quote by Masamune
They're labeled by the continent they live on.

They live on their land which they called what they wanted. I don't believe they called it America. Didn't it originate from the settlers?
they have good weed
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by guitarkid2113
They live on their land which they called what they wanted. I don't believe they called it America. Didn't it originate from the settlers?

Amerigo Vespucci yes. They are called Indians because people thought they hit India when they really hit America. Plain and simple.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Amerigo Vespucci yes. They are called Indians because people thought they hit India when they really hit America. Plain and simple.

I rather doubt that. Unless you were royal, you didn't get to name new lands using your first name back then.
Quote by MightyAl
I rather doubt that. Unless you were royal, you didn't get to name new lands using your first name back then.

Maybe so. All I know was that one guy that was with was called Amerigo Vespucci. No idea who he was however.
Quote by JackalUK
It was named after a Welsh bloke!

Ryan Giggs?
Quote by guitarkid2113

I've never heard of said journal, but I'm from Canada so I don't get edumacated on C.C.'s exploits...in fact I think of Canadian Club whiskey before I think of Christopher Columbus for those initials.
Sounds like a crock though; they really were looking for India, it would have been logical that they called the people Indians, just not anymore.
...okay?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah