So I was checking out ESPs today, and these two really caught my eye:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/80884

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75510

So, do you think these are good/bad deals? And which would you go for?
Chances are if I got the H series I would swap out the pickups for some DiMarzios or EMGs anyway, and probably upgrade the tuners to some sperzels using some spare money.

Thanks for your advice guys.

i love the LTD series, but only like the 250 series +
out of those two id go for the H series, the EC is the same as the other EC seires but with a fancy paint job,

im biased but id get
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71186
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Thanks...you have the MH-400NT right? Does it play well then, because it seems like a damn good guitar for the money. My friend says she doesn't trust any LTDs...but I can't afford ESPs so I will bear your decision in mind.
Ltds are great guitars, for a fraction of the price you can get a guitar with the same spec for half the price. I've got an H-1000 deluxe series and its absolutly incredible, i re-fitted it with EMGs cos i prefered the brown flame top to the normal black. Out of the two you showed i'd go for the EC, it has proper EMGs. I'm not a fan of the graphic but whatever floats your boat
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
It plays amazingly well. I've played the ESP horizion and tbh there wasn't much difference between the two guitars. I'd recommend the guitar to anyone and everyone. Two of my friends played and loved the guitar so much they got the same model for their next guitar.
Why doesn't your friend like the LTDs? Only played the cheeper models?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Carrot, i think he just doesn´t like the thin U-neck and the XJumbo Frets.

Personal Preference?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
both the guitars he listed are thin U and XJ frets tho

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I wanted to get that H-251 but changed my mind because of the Agathis body. Agathis isn't exactly great.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
The MH-400 that Carrot linked to is definitely a better purchase. You shouldn't really buy any LTD model below the 400 series, but the 400 and 100 series are fantastic.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Thanks people, I will look into the MH-400NT, it does look like an amazing guitar and if it plays as well as the Horizon then I'm sold.
And, Carrot, she says the fret leveling is very bad, which is true on some LTD models I played but they were the sub £200 ones.
Quote by whencowsfart101
Thanks people, I will look into the MH-400NT, it does look like an amazing guitar and if it plays as well as the Horizon then I'm sold.
And, Carrot, she says the fret leveling is very bad, which is true on some LTD models I played but they were the sub £200 ones.

then your friend is an idiot, sorry but tell her to play other guitars first

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Why do people call LTD's ESP's? ESP is so far from ltd it isn't even funny.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by EVH92
Why do people call LTD's ESP's? ESP is so far from ltd it isn't even funny.
True! I suspect it's because of the naming convention and how they're presented at stores, reviews, etc. For example, when you go to eBay, LTDs are branded under ESP, unlike Epiphone, which under the same eBay categorization should be categorized with Gibson, but Epi has its own brand. The same is true for Harmony Central's guitar reviews - LTD reviews are under the ESP heading.

This applies to most of the LTDs; however, when you get to the highest-end for each of the models, they get hair-thin close to the ESP originals. An example is the LTD SC-607B and the STEF B-7.

Quote by Carrot
then your friend is an idiot, sorry but tell her to play other guitars first

Well she is blonde...but I take your point. I will most probably get the LTD MH-400NT then, as it is virtually everything I want at a reasonable price.
I will try eBay for some secondhand Edwards guitars also...my friend recommended them as an alternative over LTDs but they are a little expensive for me to buy new, plus I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.