this would be my first build, the guitar is pretty much this one:
http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=433

and it plays terribly and sounds awful. how easy would it be to replace the entire neck and possibly put on a floyd rose? i considered putting on a telecaster neck, would it fit?

what other mods could i do to make it almost kind of playable?
thanks!
To be completely honest with you, if the guitar doesn't play well now, a new nexk may not be able to help.

But, to answer your questions:

1) Replacing the neck SHOULD be a direct swap, since the scale lengths are identical. You may run into problems if the tele neck you buy has a square heel, since the Stagg neck appears to have the rounded heel. You can always shim it to make it fit, though.

2) Adding a Floyd will entail routing for the (slightly) larger spring cavity, and routing the top to enable you to do any pullups on the FR. However, this will force you to re0finish the guitar, which may be more work than you want to do.

If it sounds awful, then you'll probably want to change the pickups as well.

Other possible mods? Hi-Pass Filter, Locking nut for the FR, maybe an onboard effect or two, superstrat wiring mod, Piezo in the bridge (someone makes a piezo Floyd, can't remember who though) Re-fret, Full setup, Sustainer, the list is basically endless. It's YOUR guitar, so do the mods you think will help your playing.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
know how to use a screw driver?
if the answer is yes then the neck is very easy to replace

I put my Tele neck on my Strat for a while, it fit fine

It would take far too much effort to put a floyd or any other locking trem on it, just get a new strat bridge and some decent pups
Do whatever man, replacing the pickups is a great idea though , just do what you want with it, e.g. im building a custom strat, im going to buy a body with cavities and a neck and go from there. Just remember you dont have to do everything at once, upgrading it over time with high quality parts will be more worthwhile
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

alright that all sounds pretty cool. would a standard fender strat pickguard fit my copy? i dunno if i would have to drill new holes or anything. but that shouldn't really be a problem anyway
thanks
Quote by wardyh
alright that all sounds pretty cool. would a standard fender strat pickguard fit my copy? i dunno if i would have to drill new holes or anything. but that shouldn't really be a problem anyway
thanks

bit of wood putty to fill the holes and 5 minutes with a drill and you'll have a fender pickguard straight on there

well, I'd assume so. some strat style guitars are a very slightly different shape and the pickguard doesn't fit properly.