So I'm thinking of upgrading from my Martin DX-1 guitar and getting some much nicer and 100% wood, not just the top. I've been reading up on some of my favorite acoustic players (i.e. Jack Johnson, Ben Harper) and notice them playing a lot of Cole Clarks / Matons. I love the sound of my Martin but am also very interested in the Matons and Clarks. Has anyone had any experience with these? Is it worth straying away from the Martin line for a Clark or Maton? Let me know.

Thanks,
Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
If you're going to plug in often, Maton. Otherwise, Martin. Cole Clark is sort of a compromise between the two (jack of all trades, master of none).
Confusious,
I agree. I should try them out but haven't seen any readily available in the area. I'm a purist and don't believe in plugging in to an amp when it comes to playing the acoustic so I'll probably go with a Martin. Its not really a compromise as I love Martin's but I just know some of my fav's play the cole's and maton's. Hopefully I can find a few to play.

Thanks,
Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
^--If you find any, let us know. I'm interested to know the difference in price between buying one here in Australia and one that has been exported to the US.
i really liked the cole clark i played, but while i played it several times, it's the only one i've tried. on the other hand, i'm not a big martin fan.
if your looking to plug in then COLE CLARK is the way to go....best pickup system available at this time... matons are harder to get ahold of here in the states, cole clarks have just recently been made more readily available here and i think they are awesome... not to mention they are made mostly with sustainable farmed woods and the bunya top looks killer .....cant go wrong with whatever you decide..
I change my vote to Cole Clark. I was looking at them yesterday, and the Angel and Fat Lady 3 are now tied for my dream guitar (besides a Baranik).
im deff going to be adding a cole clark to my arsenal but i just dont know when it will be... i want a hybrid first and im trying to decide between taylor t5 and the crafter sa...im a taylor guy so obviously i would prefer it but i dont have the funds for one at the moment.