So my girlfriend just bought me a Fender Highway 1 Strat and what a beautiful sounding guitar it is, but there is one problem in that I am fretting out when I bend more than a whole step on the high E string. I'm not sure how to adjust the bridge to fix this as I'm usually a Ibanez guy and I don't want to screw anything up without first checking on what to do. Any ideas?
It frets out the note, string slightly hits a fret further up the neck and just cuts the sound out.

Quote by britishsligean
get it properly set up then

Never going to learn if you send it to a shop everytime. If I wanted to pay someone to do it I would have done that, hence I asked how to do it myself. If I absolutely can't figure it out on my own I'll send it to a shop but I would rather learn how to do it because no doubt sometime down the line this will happen again on some guitar and I'll want to have learned already.
Last edited by PerpetualBurn at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by PerpetualBurn
It frets out the note, string slightly hits a fret further up the neck and just cuts the sound out.

Never going to learn if you send it to a shop everytime. If I wanted to pay someone to do it I would have done that, hence I asked how to do it myself. If I absolutely can't figure it out on my own I'll send it to a shop but I would rather learn how to do it because no doubt sometime down the line this will happen again on some guitar and I'll want to have learned already.

That is a fret problem... or maybe is the bridge that need an adjustement, but only in one of the sides
I think you're probably just used to flatter fretboards (such as those you get on Ibanez guitars). The high E string, even on a properly set up Strat, will often fret out if you bend more than a step and a half, especially at the higher frets. You can sometimes get another half step out of it by raising the action, but most Strat owners just live with it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I think you're probably just used to flatter fretboards (such as those you get on Ibanez guitars). The high E string, even on a properly set up Strat, will often fret out if you bend more than a step and a half, especially at the higher frets. You can sometimes get another half step out of it by raising the action, but most Strat owners just live with it.

+1

(One big reason I like Charvel necks)
Cool makes sense, I think it's probably a 9.5" radius which would do that, and I just didn't really think about that. Thank you, I might attempt to raise the action a little but I can settle with the issue if it actually is a common problem with necks of this radius. Thanks again.
I wish I had a girlfriend that would buy guitars for me

Everything what Flibble said.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER