Have you seen the copy Gibsons, Gretsch and Fenders on tradetang? Is this just one huge con or rip off - are these things any good?

And finally, why are they advertised on this site? Do ultimate say they are ok?
Obvious Fake is obviously fake.
A 370$ Gibson Custom LP?

Use your common sense, son.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
the copys are illegal and are generally rubbish compared to the real thing. ug only advertises them as it is guitar related.
As long as there are people cheap enough to buy them they will always survive as I doubt anyone can properly sue them etc.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Some of the ads show pictures of real Gibsons etc, but you get sent poor copies that would normally sell for £100 or so.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

they are poor quality fakes owning one is a criminal offense, if found with one the authorities take it from you turn it into matchsticks and you get heavily fined or locked up.
IIRC its actually a felony to own one, which I don't think is fair because some people buy them without knowing they're fakes.

Anyway, they're terrible quality, I've played one or two and could immediately tell they were fakes, just by playing them.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by burnboy85
Its too bad they're illegal. I understand why they are, but I'd still like to own a Black Les Paul Custom knockoff. Not that I really am suffering

You don´t want to.
THE REAL PRODUCT will look/feel like a Epi LP-100, only worse, MUCH WORSE.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Guitar2theface
IIRC its actually a felony to own one, which I don't think is fair because some people buy them without knowing they're fakes.

Anyway, they're terrible quality, I've played one or two and could immediately tell they were fakes, just by playing them.

People need to stop spreading this bull****e. It is not a FELONY to OWN one unless you are selling it and/or advertising it as the real deal. Owning a fake or recreation is not against the law - selling one AND advertising it for sale as the REAL THING *IS*. PERIOD. Lrn2Law, people. Jesus christ this makes me rage when people spread this misinformation around without knowing what they are talking about.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
depends in what country, the law isn`t the same in every country, but gung ho yanks seem to think so.
If you wanna copy of a Black LP Custom get a Rally or Tokai.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by ibanezgod1973
depends in what country, the law isn`t the same in every country, but gung ho yanks seem to think so.

Then if you are going to state that it is, in fact, illegal - maybe you should clarify in which country - rather than make a generalisation of it.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by w0lf19
People need to stop spreading this bull****e. It is not a FELONY to OWN one unless you are selling it and/or advertising it as the real deal. Owning a fake or recreation is not against the law - selling one AND advertising it for sale as the REAL THING *IS*. PERIOD. Lrn2Law, people. Jesus christ this makes me rage when people spread this misinformation around without knowing what they are talking about.

That may be true of US federal law, but the FACT is most US states (something like 39 of them) have laws on the books that if you are caught with a counterfeit of a US made guitar in your possession, the state Attorney General's office has the legal right to shave your dog or cat - completely bald! If you have a pet. If you don't have a pet, they can kick you in the nuts. It is true I read it on the internet.