know there is a name for people who feel music more than normal people..what is it?

and it's not metalheads or those who like classical music :P
^ stoners yes and drunk people that think ther hot ****
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
jonas brothers?
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Quote by poncho-dude
^ stoners yes and drunk people that think ther hot

I AM hot
Perfect Pitch?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by tasanhalas
know there is a name for people who feel music more than normal people..what is it?

Talent
shred is gaudy music
Dead.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

You mean, people who like music?

There isn't an exact word. It's very pretentious to think that people who like music should have their own word, but not people who like science or art or literature.
I'm gonna have to agree with stoners.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
maybe in english there isn´t a word...I'm portuguese and I remember earing a conversation from a person that was talking about how amaised he was about how many people in metal concerts Really feel the music, don´t just listen to it, they live it...Music is his life and he really knows what he was talking about..but i can´t remember what he called those people
Quote by ehlert99
hearing art huh... they should tell beethoven that
He could hear for most of his life.

Anyway, TS, the term for which you are looking is arrogant jackass. Connoisseur also works, though I associate that term with wine more than anything else; however, it does work for music.
another thing I noticed... that guy in the ad looks like smiling bob... from those enhancement commercials..
I think the word you're looking for is synesthesia. Maybe?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by tasanhalas

so because im a metalhead i can't feel music deeply?
Quote by bangoodcharlote

Anyway, TS, the term for which you are looking is arrogant jackass. Connoisseur also works, though I associate that term with wine more than anything else; however, it does work for music.

so... i'm an arrogant jackass?.....

you're right, i am an arrogant jackass.
Last edited by z4twenny at Sep 25, 2009,
I'd hate to be "That Guy" who posts an actual attempt at answering the question, but...
I think "musical enthusiast" works.
"His name is Robert Paulson"
Quote by Unlockitall
I'd hate to be "That Guy" who posts an actual attempt at answering the question, but...
I think "musical enthusiast" works.

Don't worry. Mine was serious.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
It's called honesty.

If you play guitar because you really love music, then you become good at it, cause that's how a brain works.

It's the reason why everyone can talk fluently in their native language, can walk without thinking, etc.

Unless off course your physically or mentally less proficient, but really, anyone become good.

Reason why so many people don't get good, is because they probably think too much of how cool it would be if they were famous, or thinking too much about the idea of being good, rather then working on being good.

This probably sounds arrogant as hell, but there's definitely truth value to it.

How this relates to the Main query?

They live/feel music more than usual, because they feel affected to it, and it shows off in their playing.

honesty in that sense always prevails.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Depends, I mean if you see colours and smell stuff whilst playing then thats something else.

If you just really love music (which is a good thing) then yeah someone who just likes music.

Its kinda like art, everyone sees it different. The Mona Lisa is apprently the most beautiful woman in a painting. To me its just some broad with dark clothing on.

Whatever works for you eh
MUSICIAN.
Because if you live and feel music, you aren't going to not become one.
If you are a recording artist, it would probably bad for you to feel music as if you were stoned all the time, since the music you produce won't have the same affect on the audience you think it will. Though you will be able to make interesting sounding music, since what you make will probably be far different that what someone else without your talent would make

On the other hand, if you are just listening to music for pleasure, that talent is awesome.
Quote by tasanhalas
maybe in english there isn´t a word...I'm portuguese and I remember earing a conversation from a person that was talking about how amaised he was about how many people in metal concerts Really feel the music, don´t just listen to it, they live it...Music is his life and he really knows what he was talking about..but i can´t remember what he called those people

he probably used the term "douchebag" or "cocky SoB", people who brag about it, probably suck at it. its good for picking up easy girls though.

but on a serious note, it probably has to do with them using their right brain more than the left, and exercising the creative side of their brain more.
synthesia or something like that
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Synaethesia.
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
Wow, it's amazing how most people totally ignore the only serious answers and just start blurting out vague replies and rants about cocky musicians. Heh.

And this isn't a troll thread, TS was asking about an actual neurological term.

Edit: Oh and synesthesia is quite a broad subject, for this particular thread try looking up sound-colour synesthesia, it basically means people visualise music, in many different forms, movements, colours and so on.
Last edited by MrKoks at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
In Detroit we call it unemployed.

I thought everybody from detroit was called unemployed